• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

All about VR3135

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
Hello guys it’s been some years from when vr3135 released I open this thread for us to get informations about problems and life of this movement so the questions are
-How long do you have vr3135?
-Do you have vr3135 get it serviced?
-Do you had any problems?
-Do they keep their time like first days or after service days?
and if anybody knows if there are versions of vr3135 like another version 3135 was 2019 another 2021 (improvement )

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
Clean uses an improved version of VR3135. ZZF and Noob v11 uses the older vr3135.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Clean uses an improved version of VR3135. ZZF and Noob v11 uses the older vr3135.

I won’t really call it improved.
It’s the same VR3135 with a fake arm, which requires to remove the autowinding module in order to have access to the regulation arms. It’s actually worse if you ask me.

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
I won’t really call it improved.
It’s the same VR3135 with a fake arm, which requires to remove the autowinding module in order to have access to the regulation arms. It’s actually worse if you ask me.

VR3135 v2. You know what I meant. I see your frustration here. Besides you have to remove the autowinding module, which part is making it worse?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
VR3135 v2. You know what I meant. I see your frustration here. Besides you have to remove the autowinding module, which part is making it worse?

This.
Everything else is the same as the previous version..

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
This.
Everything else is the same as the previous version..

Well that's your own preference. Some people work at the factory told me that on average new version has a higher amplitude and less service rate.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Well that's your own preference. Some people work at the factory told me that on average new version has a higher amplitude and less service rate.

Said people bullshitted you, because the build quality is exactly the same. I think I’ve serviced dozens of those and zero difference between this and the “old” version. Nor amplitude difference, as the parts are the exact same. Same material, same finishing, same possible endshake issues. Also DOA and failure rate looks the very same to me.
Based on my personal experience :)

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
Said people bullshitted you, because the build quality is exactly the same. I think I’ve serviced dozens of those and zero difference between this and the “old” version. Nor amplitude difference, as the parts are the exact same. Same material, same finishing, same possible endshake issues. Also DOA and failure rate looks the very same to me.
Based on my personal experience :)

What's your point watchmaker? Same thing between the two?

Last edited:

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
I’m not sure what is the question here?

In the very beginning, you claimed that the newer version is worse and in the previous post you said that "Nor amplitude difference, as the parts are the exact same. Same material, same finishing, same possible endshake issues. Also DOA and failure rate looks the very same to me." So you are contradicting yourself. What's your conclusion?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
In the very beginning, you claimed that the newer version is worse and in the previous post you said that "Nor amplitude difference, as the parts are the exact same. Same material, same finishing, same possible endshake issues. Also DOA and failure rate looks the very same to me." So you are contradicting yourself. What's your conclusion?

Seriously lol
From a watchmaker perspective, adding a fake regulator arms rises the chances of loose parts (and I found a bunch of them) and it’s useless being it totally “decorative”. Also makes the work longer, as compared to the old iteration where the regulation could have been made without removing the autowind module. So yeah, here are 2 worse points than the “old” one.
This is a perspective point by someone who works on them and their genuine counterpart on a daily basis, and I’m sure many of my colleagues can chime in on this.

Now to your claims, how do you think this movement is any better?

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
Seriously lol
From a watchmaker perspective, adding a fake regulator arms rises the chances of loose parts (and I found a bunch of them) and it’s useless being it totally “decorative”. Also makes the work longer, as compared to the old iteration where the regulation could have been made without removing the autowind module. So yeah, here are 2 worse points than the “old” one.
This is a perspective point by someone who works on them and their genuine counterpart on a daily basis, and I’m sure many of my colleagues can chime in on this.

Now to your claims, how do you think this movement is any better?

I see your point. Same quality but not watchmaker service friendly. To me almost the same on average. You don't have to "lol" btw. I'm just pointing out the comment you made. Sorry to make this look bad on you.

Last edited:

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
You don't have to "lol" btw. I'm just pointing out the comment you made. Sorry to make this look bad on you.

You should probably stop here. This isn’t the road you want to go down. Nikz is one of the most talented, experienced and diverse watchmakers with genuine and replica watches I’ve personally worked with on this board. I’ve heard the same from 1 or 2 or 25 others as well.

I’m not speaking for Nikz, but I personally lol’d at your thought process in general and how ironic it is that you “make this look bad on you”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
So I understand they are the same quality just to make it look closest to the real but ofc we all see that it’s fake so it’s not reason for that the movement it’s the same but you it’s difficult to have acces to thie arm and you need to remove the automatic module so the life time of this movement it’s the same but it’s more noisy to work on it right??

xddcool

Horology Curious
31/8/21
You should probably stop here. This isn’t the road you want to go down. Nikz is one of the most talented, experienced and diverse watchmakers with genuine and replica watches I’ve personally worked with on this board. I’ve heard the same from 1 or 2 or 25 others as well.

I’m not speaking for Nikz, but I personally lol’d at your thought process in general and how ironic it is that you “make this look bad on you”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of your business. This is a conversation between me and him. So get lost!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: LetMeHearItNow

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Just .02 from someone whose been on these fora for a dozen years. These clone movements have always been a crap shoot. I remember when they first began building fake ETA 28XXs. It was anyone's guess as to what you'd see. They've improved over the years, but it was not quick. I have had 8 of these fake Rolex movements, both in 3135 and 3185/86 configurations. I have 3 really good movements, and the others are in parts boxes. My Sub actually has an old Yuki movement that runs on par with some of my gen 3135s. I serviced it 5 year ago and it still amps at 300+ DH and doesn't drop below 280 in any other position. That's a pretty good movement. Truth is, these are not Rolex movements and never will be.

RunningFast

14/8/18
Waco, TX
None of your business. This is a conversation between me and him. So get lost!

Sent from the RWI App

Look at the little Junior Member embarrass himself! Nikz19 spelled it out for you, and everyone else quite clearly. He is one of the most respected and top watchmakers on the forum. He understands both reps and gens in a way you never will. It is not anyone's fault but your own that your comprehension skills are lacking.

FYI, when you post something in a PUBLIC FORUM it is everyone's business. If you want a private conversation figure out how to PM someone. Expect to get a lot of push back when you act this way on RWI and you are a just a newbie on this forum.