• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Alibaba REP

acesgerrard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/20
I imagine some people on this forum have, doubt they would openly admit to it out shameful naivety.
I suggest you spend some time looking around the forum. A more attractive proposition will present itself almost immediately.

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
I imagine some people on this forum have, doubt they would openly admit to it out shameful naivety.
I suggest you spend some time looking around the forum. A more attractive proposition will present itself almost immediately.
You are wrong, try to search "Aliexpress" or "DHGate" you find many results (example: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/dhgate-collection.321673), just search.
I think instead it is difficult to find Alibaba because as far as I know it is a B2B trade

Reactions: RunningFast

acesgerrard

26/11/20
Trusted Dealers on RWI are are Trusted Dealers for a reason.
I would suggest guiding newbies to them rather than the gamble of DH, Aliexpress or Alibaba.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
I’d avoid. I’ve heard of sellers switching products. If you see a vsf advertised for the price of a shitter. You’ll be lucky to get a shitter. Try complaining they sent you the wrong rep. Ali refund policy is bad for legit stuff. It’s not worth it I’d stick with our tds.

Primalone

Horology Curious
14/7/22
Italy
Never purchased a rep watch from Ali, only from TD, but someone buy some rep watch there to be there

RunningFast

14/8/18
Waco, TX
Good reps on these sites are way overpriced. You will get a better deal, and a better product if you purchase from a TD or on the M2M section .

Horology Curious
28/11/22
USA
I have with very good results also almost got scammed , the good thing is they accept paypal and you will be covered..I suspect the mark ups are smaller then a TD , cant be sure but from what ive seen it is...

Horology Curious
28/11/22
USA
I dont like how you have zero protection once the money leaves your account with pretty much every TD ive seen, just not comfortable with it..

Reactions: RunningFast

acesgerrard

26/11/20
I dont like how you have zero protection once the money leaves your account with pretty much every TD ive seen, just not comfortable with it..
It’s a buyers market. You are free to place your money and trust wherever you choose to.
I think you would be stupid to go anywhere else but the TD’s here. My two cents

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
Happy Cbs GIF von HULU

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I always bought just from our TD´s - but there are discontinued Watches that no TD can source anymore like i.e. Porsche Diver or a NOMOS Tangente/Tangomat, which i would try to buy from these Sources. If i would only knew, wich of these DH or Ali-Seller are reliable, and which are not so....

Horology Curious
28/11/22
USA
It’s a buyers market. You are free to place your money and trust wherever you choose to.
I think you would be stupid to go anywhere else but the TD’s here. My two cents
just gotta do the research and its same stuff and cheaper and faster..if the TD was so trusted why not accept some sort of payment that the buyer is protected with? your watch gets seized its gone and so is the money, if I never receive a item I used paypal for I get it back..that said im not a paypal fan for getting paid..just my 2cents and ive bought alot of things on alibaba not just watches over the years

acesgerrard

26/11/20
just gotta do the research and its same stuff and cheaper and faster..if the TD was so trusted why not accept some sort of payment that the buyer is protected with? your watch gets seized its gone and so is the money, if I never receive a item I used paypal for I get it back..that said im not a paypal fan for getting paid..just my 2cents and ive bought alot of things on alibaba not just watches over the years
Im not trying to have an argument with you. Your view is based on your experiences and is valid and valued. I’d just say that all the mods here are fair and offer balanced views. Should anything happen untoward between a member and a TD a ticket should be raised and it will be looked into and sorted out to the point of a fair conclusion. Should a TD not work with the mods and they find the TD to be acting nefariously, they will not be a TD for long.
Anyway good look to all in their endeavours for the grail.

Reactions: 155

Primalone

Horology Curious
14/7/22
Italy
I agree with both of you, just think the mod in here and TDs are the "Paypal paiment", that's true words are words but I never saw a thread with seizez watch or anything that bad. If there is a problem the good people are willing to help.

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
I used Alibaba a lot for harvesting parts, rep clasps from bracelets, cartel mid cases, etc. and I’ve been scammed on Alibaba at least 4 times. Of course I got my money back in the end. But I’ve never once had a TD pull anything shady on me. So I use TD’s for anything important or costly and Ali for anything cheap without much risk or immediate need.