• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Albums you can listen to on a loop?

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Hello all!

Whilst I'm sat here at my desk, scouring the forum and listening to a bit of David Gray, I thought I would start a fun little thread were people can share their taste in music (or lack of in my case 😂) and more specifically, some of YOUR favourite albums you can listen to on a loop.

I grew up in a fairly musical household, learned to play multiple instruments and was even in a band in my teens (I won't embarrass myself more than that), yet find there are only a handful of albums I can listen to from start to finish without skipping a single track. One of which being the album in my profile picture (brownie points for first person to guess the album correctly) ;)

Post your choices below, I'm genuinely interested to see!

The album in my profile pic in higher res:

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
pink floyd GIF

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Pink Floyd - Animals ;)

Very few I can listen to all tracks tbh, start to finish, but gonna have a proper think and a look at the collection now.

I generally shuffle across all songs, never know what's coming next, but a cool idea for a thread K

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Pink Floyd - Animals ;)

Very few I can listen to all tracks tbh, start to finish, but gonna have a proper think and a look at the collection now.

I generally shuffle across all songs, never know what's coming next, but a cool idea for a thread K
good will hunting friendship GIF

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Pink Floyd - Animals ;)

Mario Kart Winner GIF

We've got a winner!!! Your prize? My eternal respect ;) 😂

I'll be intrigued to see what you come back with!

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Scrolled through all the albums in my collection and there is only 1 I can listen to from start to finish, enjoying every single track (especially #6) plus it finishes strong with #11 🎧

I am probably part of a very small group who even like this album, but sure what can ya do, gives me a smile every time any track pops on, so :p

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Haven’t listened to an album for quite a long time, it’s all Spotify playlists now comprised of favourite songs….Here are some of my favourite albums I remember owning that bring back fond memories:
Guns N Roses-Appetite for destruction
STP-Purple
Rage against the machine-same name
Elastica-same name
Oasis-Definitely maybe/What’s the story
Had many more but these had the most play time…..

Reactions: KruisingKhaos95

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Scrolled through all the albums in my collection and there is only 1 I can listen to from start to finish, enjoying every single track (especially #6) plus it finishes strong with #11 🎧

I am probably part of a very small group who even like this album, but sure what can ya do, gives me a smile every time any track pops on, so :p

I certainly didn't expect this! A good friend of mine back in high school was a big scooter fan and still is to this day (I believe). Was never really my thing but can see why people listen.

We all have that song or band or artist that you listen to just to put big smiles on our faces and this is certainly one of them! ;)

Have you seen him live?

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Haven’t listened to an album for quite a long time, it’s all Spotify playlists now comprised of favourite songs….Here are some of my favourite albums I remember owning that bring back fond memories:
Guns N Roses-Appetite for destruction
STP-Purple
Rage against the machine-same name
Elastica-same name
Oasis-Definitely maybe/What’s the story
Had many more but these had the most play time…..

Absolutely love Appetite for Destruction, one of my dads favourite albums ever! He still talks about going to see them in his 20s with Faith No More as supporting act! Says it was one of his favourite gigs ever! The self titles Rage album is also a banger!

I have a playlist on spotify where I just dump songs I love into every now and then, If you ever fancy musical whiplash its an.... interesting listen 😂

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Not really an album but best live concert I have seen (on tv unfortunately not live) Queen Live Aid 1985

I still prefer the live aid version of Hammer to fall to the album version! Admittedly I watched this long after it first aired (I was born the following decade ;)) but I can't deny it's one of the best if not THE best live performance ever. Top for me would be Nirvana Unplugged, Where did you sleep last night gives me chills every time I listen to it!

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
I still prefer the live aid version of Hammer to fall to the album version! Admittedly I watched this long after it first aired (I was born the following decade ;)) but I can't deny it's one of the best if not THE best live performance ever. Top for me would be Nirvana Unplugged, Where did you sleep last night gives me chills every time I listen to it!

And my favourite gig I have been to would have to be either Rammstein or Avenged Sevenfold (no judgment pls) 😂

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I agree 100% on live hammer to fall. 80s child here so experienced end tail of queen but Nirvana was in my pre teens and was well played in my household (had the grungy hair and all 😂).

Last edited:

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
And my favourite gig I have been to would have to be either Rammstein or Avenged Sevenfold (no judgment pls) 😂
No judgement here mate, last one I went to was Jason Derulo 😂 not my choice…..

• Haha