• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is RWG down?

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
no, RWG is www.rwgforum.com (ex www.rwg.cc) the other forum is another long story

Uh. Not really.

Replica Watches Guide aka RWG1 is www.replica-watches-guide.com, a direct descendant of the original RWG on the original URL.

Real Watch Group (aka RWGJr or RWG2) is www.rwgforum.com, a direct descendent of TRC plus a bunch of folks who left the original RWG due to problems with the original admin. It's a great board.

The story can be found here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/page8/page9/page9.html

kenberg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/06
Uh. Not really.

Replica Watches Guide aka RWG1 is www.replica-watches-guide.com, a direct descendant of the original RWG on the original URL.

Real Watch Group (aka RWGJr or RWG2) is www.rwgforum.com, a direct descendent of TRC plus a bunch of folks who left the original RWG due to problems with the original admin. It's a great board.

The story can be found here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/page8/page9/page9.html

Unfortunately Greg that version is not even close.

The truth is that RWG.cc was formed for the very same reason that your RWG was and that was because the old board was about to crash and burn.
The main reason you seem to be mislead about all this is because...you were not there....yes it all happened way before your time.
So what did happen?
Well the original RWG had a hidden section for VIP's these were the members that Blade felt were the leaders of the board.
When Blade went AWOL the VIP's and the forum Mod's did everything we could to find him but as the server rent (paid yearly) date was fast approaching we realised we were faced with either starting a new board or disappearing altogether.
We in the VIP room along with the moderators threw around different ideas but then I..not a group of guys...but I approached T about heading up a new board for us.
When T agreed to look into it I then put the idea to the rest of the group where it received the vast majority support.
Meanwhile in the background we had a couple of guys, not members of the VIP group, PMing members to set up this board RWI.
So quite simply when the day came for the move almost the entire membership of the original RWG became members of RWG.cc, the only TRC members to join were those that were also members of RWG.
It is only when more and more members started drifting over from TRC to us that T decided to make TRC a read only forum.
So what happened next?
When the date came to pay up or disappear Blade showed up paid up and then promptly disappeared again.
Meanwhile a few free spirited guys decided to stay on in the ghost town and party and these are the fore fathers of your board Greg.
RWG.cc has all the original members, has all the guys who created the vast knowledge base that was there and has all the guys that made it the biggest and best watch forum on the net, you simply bought the name.
Now you can do what you wish with this post but ask yourself before you do if a forum Admin should be writing incorrect and misleading information for his members to read.

Ken

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
For starters Ken, Greg is not even a mod at this board, let alone an admin so they are hardly "his" members are they?. You do know what board you are at, yes?
Also, as we don't censor posts here nothing will happen to this post, it will stand along with the rest, not that I see any reason I could possibly want to censor it anyway.

Col.

kenberg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/06
Well Col if you look real hard at his post you will see the link to his board.

It is that link that he made his claims in and that link that I replied to.

Ken

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
The best thing here, is that the word 'fora' was not used in either historical explanations.
hugging-079.gif

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
:picard: Not having a great deal of luck are they?

Col.