• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping under a false name

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
My Hublot Luna Rossa from Hont will be ready soon. Right now I'm hesitating concerning the shipment.

Hont will ship it via DHL or FedEx, probably DHL he says. Now, as I don't want any troubles with the customs, I'd like to know your opinion about using my real name but misspelled or simply using a false name.

Now, DHL & FedEx will need to see my ID when they deliver. So both names won't be correct, though with the misspelling I am sure I'll be able to get the package.

The reason why I'd use the misspelled name or a false name is because of the fact, if the customs seize my watch, they'll send me a registered letter. When my the name is wrong compared to the ID, I cannot sign it. So I'll never receive the letter.

What are your thoughts about this?

Anyway, thanks in advance geeks

nbarker

Known Member
25/4/09
not sure how strict customs is in belgium, but it cant be that bad if everyone ships there??? i would just go with the misspelling...

reeder139

14/4/09
I don't know about belgium but in the UK, there would be no need to do this. If we get a letter from customs, we just ignore it and nothing ever happens.! That's assuming it was just one watch.

But pls do not do this based on my opinion as I have no idea if it would be the same outcome there.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
If Customs seizes the watch and sends you a letter, even under your correct name, simply deny any knowledge of the transaction. You weren't expectin a shipment and you have no idea what's in the box. You have no idea who the sender is or how your name and address got on the package. It was obviously some kind of mix-up from a shipping company in China.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Only person wrong name will effect is you.
You are causing problems for no reason and if there is a chance to pay a small fee to get the watch released you will be unable to with false details.

If you are that frightened why didn't you pay the money and arrange get it delivered to UK or something and get a member to forward it or from an EU dealer you wouldn't have any of this then

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
as time said ...................... the dealers here offer customs risk ................. nothing to worry about really ............if customs get it .the dealer will send you another ...........

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Suck it up, take the chance. If customs bags you deny everything admit nothing demand proof.
Unless you are a fugitive from justice then sit tight and the men in the black SWAT gear will let themselves in shortly.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Suck it up, take the chance. If customs bags you deny everything admit nothing demand proof.
Unless you are a fugitive from justice then sit tight and the men in the black SWAT gear will let themselves in shortly.

LMFAO @ WB

Just go with your correct name spelling

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09

:skeptical: so we know what your part time job is now :skeptical:

swat chopper pilot :skeptical::err:
:nah::nah::biglaugh: