• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A7751 day/month wheel colour change?

Steve2308

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
3/6/09
After some exhaustive searching here on RWI, I can't find what I'm looking for.

I would like to change the colour of an A7751 movement day/month wheels from white wheels with black lettering to black wheels with white lettering.
I've asked a seller with the A7751 movement if he sells the black wheels movement to which I received a big no.

Has anyone customised a day/month/date wheel to reverse the colouring?

Only method I can think of that's accessible to me are water transfers after I repaint the wheels black, or seek a signwriter to map out the wheels and to print vinyl decals with the preferred colours... aligning the decals to the wheels would be a whole other ball game!! But I'm game.

I'd like to build an Omega Triple date with a black dial. I've found a lower quality rep with the auto JHS21 movement and am waiting to receive it so I can measure out the dial and depth of the watch case before I order the A7751.

The Gen 7751 has a very different layout and although black wheels are available they are both the same diameter on the Gen whilst on the A7751 they are very different.

So after reading that far...has anyone customised their date wheels?

Steve2308

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
3/6/09
Cheers mate, I have those saved. The A7751 movement has wheels that are the same diameter. The gen 7751 movement (Omega 3606 too) has wheels that are different. No idea if theyd work though. Need more info before I buy them.
Cheers