• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A7750 vs 7750

Arpy

23/3/17
Here is a noob question for all of you but I can't seem to find a good answer. Can someone run me down on the benefits of a Swiss ETA 7750 over a generic Asian 7750? I would assume the biggest 2 things are accuracy and reliability but are there any other big things I'm missing? The reason I ask is one of my watches needs a new movement or a repair to it's original movement and I'd like to know whether it's worth it to switch to a Swiss movement. I actually have no issue with the accuracy of this watch since I don't wear it everyday and therefore reset the time every few days when it runs out of juice in my watch box, and the reliability up until now has been very good. It only stopped because I dropped it from height into a hard surface and it knocked something loose in there.

What benefits could I expect to see if I were to upgrade?

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
The real difference is in the precision of the machining of the components and the quality of assembly taken to put the movement together. You can trust than when an A7750 was assembled, it was done so in a clean environment and that the movement was actually oiled as it was assembled. The ETA movement would have been put together per ETA standards and thus guarantee a reliable movement, especially with the chronograph function.

D

d4m.test

difference will be quality of each component, they're probably made with tighter tolerances, cleaned lubricated with appropriate oils during assembly, and QC after assembly to verify everything works as spec'd.

with A7750, it'll be a bunch of raw parts assembled together, dirt/dust/hair, screws probably not tightened to spec, etc., but it really depends who assembled it, so its a lot of luck.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Consider service the existing A7750. A swap to an ETA will run you $550+so if the watch is a keeper it's worth it, otherwise service the existing movement as it should be good for years after a proper service.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
550 is lucky to cover the new Swiss 7750 let alone installation. I'd say more like 700 plus all up for base grade Swiss installed.