• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A slight issue regarding Domi

seebi92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/12
Hi all,

Like the title says, I've come over a slight issue regarding our friend Domi here. I'm not busting his balls in any way in this thread, but I demand some explanation regarding two of my watches that I sent to him.

I bought a couple of months ago a Hublot King Power Oceanographic 4000m, the silver one, from Angus of Pure Time, and shortly after the mechanism kinda stopped working and made contact with Domi to fix it. A few weeks ago I sent the package to him, together with an Atlantic watch that my father owns, a very old one and he said he'd help me with them. Now he doesn't reply to me at all on email. It's been 3 weeks now since I sent the watches to him and he isn't replying. Now I understood that he was on vacation, but he could've sent me an email about the fact that he's on vacation right?

I sent the watches from Sweden, as we don't need custom checks. In the end if he decides not to help with them, I need the Atlantic watch back as it has much more sentimental value than the Hublot I purchased and sent to him.

Any advice is welcomed.

Best regards,
Sebastian

alvedon

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/14
Lugn (relax)
Domi is a great guy! Probably the best modder we have! There will be waiting times though! He have a lot on his table. Check his mail signature! He sometimes announce vacations and time off there!

Reactions: Katarsis

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
3 weeks is a long time. Feels like 3months when you’re waiting for a watch [emoji51].

Did Domi confirm receipt of your watches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmuit

Renowned Member
Vendor (Watch Repair)
18/4/09
quiet your watches are safe from me

firemaker

Known Member
28/10/16
Domi always takes his time. He will put you on a list and you will have to wait for your turn. I have sent so many watches to him, Gens, Reps. Great guy.

He does a great job especially for the money invested. Just chill you ll get your watches back.

D

d4m.test

LOL... what happened to people having patience.. Brother you gotta chill, you're watches are safe, he will get to them when he does.

dmuit

Renowned Member
Vendor (Watch Repair)
18/4/09
Thanks Guys, I work for you 7 day in the week:)))
cheers
Domi

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Weird to see Domi getting a call out. Then I see it’s three weeks. If that is long enough to rattle to posting in general forum and naming him I would consider another hobby. There are no modders available who are not swamped with work and with real life. Patience is a virtue in this hobby. And I wouldn’t worry about Domi. He’s not going to risk a decade of goodwill on two watches :)

seebi92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/12
Hello all and thanks for the replies.

He made contact with me right after I posted this thread. I needed confirmation that he received the package and he can start looking into my watches. I don't really care how much time it takes for him to fix them, just to fix them is important.

All good so far!

The admins can take off this thread as well, as I am not stressed anymore about the matter and Domi made me believe that the watches are in good hands.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
@seebi92 pleased as we are that you finally have reassurance, imagine all people sending watches to modders starting panic threads.... what’s next, a #metoo hashtag??
Chill out guys, really...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

Reactions: squiresurf

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
@seebi92 pleased as we are that you finally have reassurance, imagine all people sending watches to modders starting panic threads.... what’s next, a #metoo hashtag??

#metoo. Priceless :)

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Domi has a waiting list which is 6 to 8 weeks and he tells you about this, when you are making contact with him. Normally you can check the tracking of the package you sent him, so you can see when the package arrives at his home (if you did´nt send trackable, you should consider next time...).

I was at his place yesterday and we all can´t even imagine, how much packages with watches he has in his working room. So much different watches, i wonder how hi can sort this out.
He is doing a really great work on the watches he gets and solves problems, that are only solvable with special solutions he needs to create first. This takes time and if it is a simple solution, he does his work with the same effort as the complicate one. So be sure, you will get back your watches in the best possible state.

.... what’s next, a #metoo hashtag??

*LOL*

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15

Man how did I miss this, this is the coolest post ever

Reactions: Natas78