• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Prime piece of leather!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
For a while now I have been needing a strap for my DSSD as the bugger is just too chunky on my 6.5" wrist on a bracelet and I've had it on a synthetic leather one that just did not do the watch justice. Enter Crocodile and his handy work. Ahha! Thinks Trailie, not better way to see what this guy can do than make me new shoes for that lump of a Rolex. A few PMs back and forth sorting out a style and edge finish and within 24hrs it was in the mail!

A week and a half later the package arrived at Che Trailie and a very nice piece of work emerged. This was a light tan when it arrived but as is my want it soon got near a dozen coats of Leatherphane waterproofing oil to darken it down considerably. The result is nice dark brown vintage finish that compliments the DSSD wonderfully. The strap came with two keepers, the one showen and a plain one, I found the second one unnecessary so didn't use it.

Pictured on "active duty" during the flood clean up operation.
P1210021.jpg

This is one hell of a nicely made strap that fits the lugs perfectly and the result is a DSSD that stands head and shoulders above the normal one. I have had more people notice this watch than any other combo I have worn in a long time and a lot of that is down to the strap as it barely rated a mention on the black "naugahide" diver's. With it's sealed edge treatment and well soaked in oil it has proven water proof but if I were to swim in it I'd be giving it a wax treatment first. Leather is quite oke for swimming if you paint some melted bee's wax on it (3 or 4 coats is good) and then buff the excess off after it sets.

I have no problem whatsoever in recommending croc's product. They are well made, nicly finished and the guy is a pleasure to deal with.

Col.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Looks the bits Col - nice choice! And kudos to croc - bloody nice work!

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
Now that's what I call an 'action' shot!! Thanks TB, it's cool see the strap surviving in such a wet, non leather-friendly environment!!