• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP RB 111

rmz215

Horology Curious
29/6/10
hi everyone i am new to this iam in talks with marvellous replica about a AP RB 111 what should i be asking him about the watch and also can anyne let me know what is an alternative model of AP you can recommend i am a great fan of APs .thanks

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I do not know what you should ask him.....regarding the AP's, the black theme is really good

rmz215

Horology Curious
29/6/10
thanks but what about the movement 7750 heard so much about it ,might need an service straight away are the straps real leather and how long does the rose plating last also the quality of the watch, can any one help

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
You can ask everything to me! I am the local AP nut!

A link to what model you are talkign about would be helpfull.

Rose plating lasts about 1 year of constant wear.

7750 itself is fine, the transfer plate isnt fine, needs heavy modification, almost not worth it, I myself would either sudgest sec @ 9, or quartz.

The quality of the watch all depends on how you treat it, if you scrape it agaisnt door frames and do alot of heavy work, it will last shorter, where as if you wear it as a "special occasion watch" it should last years

rmz215

Horology Curious
29/6/10
thanks i am not sure how to post link but you can check it out on marvellousreplica.com ap0028 your advice would be most appreciated you did not mention anything about the strap is it 100% leather is it possible to get sec @9 or quartz most dealers are all selling 7750 would it be wise to say the transfer plate comes in to use when the stop watch is used i intend to use it as a special occasion watch just to tell time many thanks

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
thanks i am not sure how to post link but you can check it out on marvellousreplica.com ap0028 your advice would be most appreciated you did not mention anything about the strap is it 100% leather is it possible to get sec @9 or quartz most dealers are all selling 7750 would it be wise to say the transfer plate comes in to use when the stop watch is used i intend to use it as a special occasion watch just to tell time many thanks

Not to sure about the leather, I think its imitation, but if that REALLY bugs you, you can just buy a gen strap...

MarvellousReplica will source the watch for you, you just tell him what you want, and he will get it.

the transfer plate will come into use always, the running second hand is at 12 O clock, and the transfer plate is what brought it there, instead of 9 o clock, so the problem isnt just the chrono.

Example of quartz version: (Picture taken from Hont Watch's Photobucket page)

dsc01832e.jpg

On the Quartz model, the running second hand is at 6 O clock, and is very reliable.

But there is a recent new development, that I dont know much about, but apearently, there is a new quartz model, that has the second hand @ 12

(Link is from KingWatch, a trusted dealer on RG, but our trusted dealers can get the watch also)

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=5368

not sure about anything with this new quartz model, other than its ALOT more accurate

I personally would sudgest quartz, they make more sense to me.

rmz215

Horology Curious
29/6/10
buddy i checked the quartz model on the link you sent to me it does not make sense because the quartz model is about 150$ and the 7750 is about 600$ i think i am more confused, is this because the quartz is a better movement but quality of the watch is poor and the 7750 is a tempermental movement but a better quality watch also is there many workshops that produce these reps or is there only one to certain models there fore the quality of the rep is the same. i read on the forum under 7750 that the ap rb 111 has a better modified jewel movement is that so thanks

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
buddy i checked the quartz model on the link you sent to me it does not make sense because the quartz model is about 150$ and the 7750 is about 600$ i think i am more confused, is this because the quartz is a better movement but quality of the watch is poor and the 7750 is a tempermental movement but a better quality watch also is there many workshops that produce these reps or is there only one to certain models there fore the quality of the rep is the same. i read on the forum under 7750 that the ap rb 111 has a better modified jewel movement is that so thanks

Same quality case, to a certain degree, there are slight differences.

I have an audemars piguet end of days quartz, and it is the highest quality watch I have!

I have 2 gens, and it is better quality, a LUM-TEC, and a Seiko

the quartz movement is SUPER CHEAP, because it is mass produced. And is VERY reliable

the Automatic movement is more expensive because it isnt as widely produced, and is harder to make, and requires more materials, and it has a (poorly made mind you) modification

the quartz models are the best bang for buck, IMHO

cesuri

Looking Around
20/9/10
Same quality case, to a certain degree, there are slight differences.

I have an audemars piguet end of days quartz, and it is the highest quality watch I have!

I have 2 gens, and it is better quality, a LUM-TEC, and a Seiko

the quartz movement is SUPER CHEAP, because it is mass produced. And is VERY reliable

the Automatic movement is more expensive because it isnt as widely produced, and is harder to make, and requires more materials, and it has a (poorly made mind you) modification

the quartz models are the best bang for buck, IMHO

I have asked to one of the trusted dealers about an AP RB quartz movement, and they told me that it is not as accurate as the others, no ceramic, no sapphire, no AR. They said that they could get just a decent rep.
Are there any differences between quartz AP RB??

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
I have asked to one of the trusted dealers about an AP RB quartz movement, and they told me that it is not as accurate as the others, no ceramic, no sapphire, no AR. They said that they could get just a decent rep.
Are there any differences between quartz AP RB??

It isnt as accurate, because of movement limitations.

but the gen watches have NO ar.

The quartz, depending on the model, have sapphire, and USUALLY, no ceramic, but sometimes, there is.

cesuri

Looking Around
20/9/10
It isnt as accurate, because of movement limitations.

but the gen watches have NO ar.

The quartz, depending on the model, have sapphire, and USUALLY, no ceramic, but sometimes, there is.

Do you know where can I get one with sapphire and ceramic bezel??
I am looking for something like that but not luck yet.
Another question, is it possible to switch cases between quartz and auto??
Thank you

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Do you know where can I get one with sapphire and ceramic bezel??
I am looking for something like that but not luck yet.
Another question, is it possible to switch cases between quartz and auto??
Thank you

Um... NO, you cannot shwitch cases.

Saphirre is on every AP that is actually worth something, almost all, if not all, of the watches here have saphire crystal

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/...mars Piguet/?action=view&current=_DSC0170.jpg

Cermaic bezel, is a different story, you need the 7750 sec @ 12 versions to get the cermic bezel, and even then, it is only on the RB's and the Survivor, but remember, most of the AP's arent supposed to have cermic anyway

PM me for further questions.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
just my experience with the AP RB

I bought the AP RB I (seconds at 9) and the AP RB II (seconds at 12)

The cases are completely different in terms of diameter (Seconds at 9 is way bigger than the other)
The weight are different too : 183g for the AP RB I and 144g for the AP RB II (due to the titan)
The dials : seconds at 9 is really accurate apart the fact of the wrong seconds placement. The skeleton plate is way better than the one on the RB II (because of the transfer gears)

The movements : seconds at 9 is a workhorse and the seconds at 12 needs to be serviced one day.

Make your own choice....