• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Few Thoughts on Scam Prevention

Mylastidea

Looking Around
27/10/21
Interesting. I’m new here and took the plunge with a M2M sale. All looked good. Good presale comms etc.
pretty happy with look and quality of watch. Guy said serviced prior to shipment which I too on trust ( first mistake perhaps).
Watch runs 1.5 min fast per day which I thought was a bit of an issue. Politely asked seller his thoughts and no reply.
Could be a scam I’m now thinking.
Is it worth sending for a service ?

It’s a no date sub btw.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Interesting. I’m new here and took the plunge with a M2M sale. All looked good. Good presale comms etc.
pretty happy with look and quality of watch. Guy said serviced prior to shipment which I too on trust ( first mistake perhaps).
Watch runs 1.5 min fast per day which I thought was a bit of an issue. Politely asked seller his thoughts and no reply.
Could be a scam I’m now thinking.
Is it worth sending for a service ?

It’s a no date sub btw.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did the seller said the watch was serviced and was accurate within COSC spec? If yes then you should complain.

It's a rep, running faster 1.5 minutes in 24 hours is still within rep tolerance.

Mylastidea

Looking Around
27/10/21
No he did not use those words. However the M2M advert said ;
“ I also just a couple of weeks ago had the bezel cleaned and lubricated and the movement calibrated and degauzzed as it was slightly fast. now keeping perfect time +2 secs p/day.”

I have chased a response but still nothing.

What is the process for complaining ? Would sending it for a service be worthwhile ?

Thanks​

Tocacho

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/21
EU
Thank you for these warnings.
It's true that buying a "real" watch on a forum is already scary, so in the replica world...
That said, a little conversation with the seller, a look at the history. But never anything sure anyway.
Mylastidea idea: Yes, 1,5 minutes /day is a lot. What recourse? No idea.

Guyc

Looking Around
30/4/22
Preston UK
Thank you for the advice, I'm on a new adventure into this intriguing hobby and I am soaking up all these well written pointers out. Think I'll stick to the TD's for my first purchases.

Powerfluff

27/2/21
Well said!!! The message is that each person must take full responsibility for their own actions when buying or selling on this platform. The admins and moderators are there to oversee the process, enforce the rules, and provide support, but it is ultimately up to the individual

Reactions: DD60

mac427

26/1/23
texas
Excellent information. I recently concluded an MTM purchase of a Clean Factory Pepsi that is exactly as described with the watch running plus 1 second per day. Needless to say, I'm very happy with the watch.

joopaf

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
14/7/22
Germany
Great post, world class writing mate, I've bought 4 watches here so far, everything has been fine except for yesterday, got a Daytona Panda, unfortunately the watch stopped after 10 minutes and the seller didn't respond anymore.