• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

8F Overseas 5500V

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
Dealers often put temporary placeholder prices on new models before they actually get the correct numbers put into the website, and culturally use 8 often. So you'll see watches for $888 and $8,888 from time to time, not that that's the actual price. In a bit he'll put the correct prices, or if you contact him and ask he'll let you know.

There's an entire section of the forum here for Trusted Dealers in case you'd like to try one of those. Hont, jtime, and puretime are all major dealers with firm reputations in this community. Pick one, read a quick FAQ or guide about ordering procedure, reach out to order your watch, and enjoy!

I'm glad you got your watch and are happy with it, but now I see why he couldn't get you the rubber strap. Legendetawatch doesn't have a good reputation here if you search, not everyone has a good experience.

For reference, the price is a good $100-150 above what you could've paid if you went through a normal TD instead of an IG reseller...
Where have you seen it for that price? Screenshot of concersation or website pls.
No issues with legendetawatch for me- far better communication than ANY t.d. i have used in the past 10 years

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
Where have you seen it for that price? Screenshot of concersation or website pls.

I mean you haven't seemed to take onboard anything else I've said so far, so maybe rorix would be willing to chime in with what his 5500v cost last week if you want a third party source.

Until then, https://biao6688.com/68459.html is a Chinese dealer that isn't a TD here but just to show any price: 2700cny is about $427, 316GBP. That extra strap shouldn't be $250...

Plus hey, there's that 8F rubber strap hiding in the middle of the first image.

No issues with legendetawatch for me- far better communication than ANY t.d. i have used in the past 10 years

For $150 extra he better be. Shame he couldn't even offer all of the straps.

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
I mean you haven't seemed to take onboard anything else I've said so far, so maybe rorix would be willing to chime in with what his 5500v cost last week if you want a third party source.

Until then, https://biao6688.com/68459.html is a Chinese dealer that isn't a TD here but just to show any price: 2700cny is about $427, 316GBP. That extra strap shouldn't be $250...

Happy to be proved wrong- not bought b4 from him and may not again but for this watch- nobody else could supply it- things change fast but i wanted the watch and got it- not bothered about getting it as cheap as possible

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cgentile

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19

@jonnyboy74
I got mine on a bracelet from a TD for $438. I didn't think about asking for the extra strap since I assumed they wouldn't have the quick change capability.

Reactions: InnerSelfAnglage

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19
I ordered mine from Hont. I am sure other TD’s can get them too.

However, you might have to wait until CNY break is done.

happyharrysco1

Known Member
19/7/20
Scotland - UK
I ordered mine from Hont. I am sure other TD’s can get them too.

However, you might have to wait until CNY break is done.
thanks for the info, and yeah i will be, i just wasn't sure he had stock due to the placeholder pricing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

happyharrysco1

Known Member
19/7/20
Scotland - UK
gents looking for a second pair of eyes, honts site has 2 blue and 2 white 5500v's, the blues ending AZ006 and AZ007, and the whites AZ008 and AZ009, but i can see no difference between 006 and 007, nor 008 and 009, and with no description on the site i am at a loss as to why the separate listings for waht seem to be the same model/colour. Am i missing something?

Reactions: cpudgar

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19
Hey everyone,

Received the 5500v from Hont. Really like it. It feels a bit thick to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any calipers.
I've worn the gen one at the AD before, and I'd say this holds up pretty well.

My personal pros:
The bracelet is awesome with the quick extend mechanism. Finishing isn't too shabby either. Obviously not on the gen level, but I'm pretty happy with it.

My personal cons:
The main flaws I see are the font, which are a bit thin on the rep dial. The back of the watch as well, the decorative rotor is mediocre.

Can't wait to add the gen dial. The font looks better, the sunburst is more pronounced and the window is better finished.

Sorry for the bad photos, I am not a photographer. Also, please don't mind my skinny 6.5 inch wrist.

https://imgur.com/a/JV8LlpV

Last edited:

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
Hey everyone,

Received the 5500v from Hont. Really like it. It feels a bit thick to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any calipers.

My personal pros:
The bracelet is awesome with the quick extend mechanism. Finishing isn't too shabby either. Obviously not on the gen level, but I'm pretty happy with it.

My personal cons:
The main flaws I see are the font, which are a bit thin on the rep dial. The back of the watch as well, the decorative rotor is mediocre.

Can't wait to add the gen dial. The font looks better, the sunburst is more pronounced and the window is better finished.

Sorry for the bad photos, I am not a photographer. Also, please don't mind my skinny 6.5 inch wrist.

Darn! let us know how the dial swap goes, Im also very interested in a project like this!

cpudgar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/21
Hey everyone,

My personal pros:

My personal cons:

Thank you very much for the pics! Really appreciate it!
I am so interested in purchasing this same watch, but with the Blue Dial, which to me looks pretty good and the blue seems to have a deeper dimension than my Blue 4500V from BPF.

Anybody got the 5500V with the Blue Dial?

Cgentile

24/2/21
Hey everyone,

My personal pros:

How would you rate the bracelet 1-10 compared to the gen?

Sent from the RWI App

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19
I'd give it a 8. It is pretty solid. Obviously the release mechanism isn't as smooth as gen. Nor is it as polished.
However, the quick extend works nicely and overall, I like it.

cpudgar

25/11/21
gents looking for a second pair of eyes, honts site has 2 blue and 2 white 5500v's, the blues ending AZ006 and AZ007, and the whites AZ008 and AZ009, but i can see no difference between 006 and 007, nor 008 and 009, and with no description on the site i am at a loss as to why the separate listings for waht seem to be the same model/colour. Am i missing something?

I was wondering this exact thing too when I saw these new releases!!

Not only that there are 2 listings with diff numbers for the same 2 watches, but there is also an older listing for the same 5500V model with the blue dial listed for $358: VC Overseas 42MM MY9015 8F2021100911
Plus this older model to me almost looks better than the 2 new listings that still don’t have the actual price listed yet!

Anybody with any clue?

Last edited:

happyharrysco1

Known Member
19/7/20
Scotland - UK
The thing to watch there is the miyota 9015 (MY9015 in the name) is not a chronograph movement, so the sub dials will likely be fake, though thinking on it i've not seen a 9015 with small seconds either? The other overseas chrono's he has with the 7750 will surely be a working chrono (7753 with those subdial positions, but i can't see the date set pusher so who knows)

as to the labels AZ00* I am now thinking he just labels each of his watches that are the same with a specific identifier so the pictures match what someone buys, and that is what we are seeing, but that is a guess, happy to fins out otherwise if anyone knows

cpudgar

25/11/21
Just pulled the trigger on this in blue with additional rubber strap

That’s exactly what I am planning on buying. How much for the watch with the additional rubber strap? You ordered from Hont and which version exactly-link?

Keep us posted with QC pics when you receive them please!

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19
So it looks like a gen dial does not fit on the 8F 5500v. The modder had to drill an extra hole on the seconds subdial to get it to fit.
However, that makes the seconds subdial misaligned.

https://imgur.com/a/EeJjgNC