• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3k 324 movement stem broke

Thejcz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/19
Hello everyone!
so i recently got my 3k 5711 modded by legend and the next day i have it the stem broke.
it snapped clean in half
I'm trying to get a new stem without any luck
Legend isn't responding and ado213 either.
any help from anyone would be appreciated.
thank you

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
There's been other reports of these clone 324 SC stems breaking. One member got a free replacement stem from his TD under warranty. Contact your TD to check if he'll replace it. Don't mention that the watch had been modded because it may void the warranty, despite the fact that it is a known defective part.

You can also buy a replacement stem, TrustyTime has a parts department.

Best of luck.

Reactions: theREALgoat

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
You can try you luck with peggy (non td) on instagram she had some spare stems.
Good luck.

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Is the other half broken inside stuck in the movement? Is there a way to pull it out? I had this happen on my RM001. Lost my watch for 6 months, but luckily the TD fixed it.

Tried using smallest tweezers, but no way I could pull it out. Would be nice if we got service part and simple swap, but getting the lodged stem out with nothing to yank it out is the biggest problem.

Generic youtube on removal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxm1-lmiG_Y

Removing movement, hands, dial, some top plates.....I am down for this for really cheap watches, but I am more likely to scratch up some of these components or mess something up. I am like a bad doctor.
survival rate= 5% success.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi,

did you find a replacement stem? Mine did also break during modding...

It will be difficult to find replacement rep parts for the 3KF rep 324 SC movement, since production is questionable at the moment. You can try finding a watchmaker that can fabricate the stem. Best of luck.

Reactions: Max Cady

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
As above, very difficult to get individual parts.

You are more likely to only have access to either a full movement (if someone already has one in stock) or sending the watch back, which is unlikely. I think Legend will be your best bet to resolve, just give him more time.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
That 324 SC watch stem from watch2parts might work, if not they have a fair return policy.

If Li and JD say they cant help, i will have no choice.
But it looks quite legit, has a store on AliExpress, instagram account looks also serious - lets see.
I will give an update, if will try this one out.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
FYI I was quoted RMB 250 by WeChat seller D.B.F.S-Fashionshine.

Even 250 RMB honestly too expensive.. we are talking about a stem of a rep movement, even at $20 it is already very profitable for the factory/seller.
To put things into context, a stem for 2824/2836 cost RMB 1 on taobao, which is USD 0.15. This is one reason why I tend to avoid clone movement.. you are at the mercy of the rep factory if anything goes wrong.

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
I ordered it, no other way (3KF has no parts, i asked four TDs). And yes, its crazy expensive, but otherwise i have to throw the aquanaut i just got a quite good relume job for into garbage.
I just hope its at least bettet quality and dont break so easily (and fits!!!)

Reactions: majwilliams0308

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Last edited:

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Let us know if it works out. Would be curious if it fits.
Sure i will, but it will take some time till i get it (i took regular shipping to save some bucks;-)

Maybe this may help you?
It helped me alot on different movements...(NH35, 3135, 2824....)

Thank you, i will look into this but AliExpress hates me at the moment "Leider ist dieser Artikel an Ihrem Standort derzeit nicht verfügbar. "
I have to try some other locations via VPN.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Ah, damn german. Time to start triangle in switzerland. Now times have comw where germans rent package stations in switzerland;)

Reactions: Kei king