• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3EF vs BPF 226659 Yacht-Master mini review

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter

I'll have to check this out. I assumed you meant JVS. From looking at the image it looks like the JVS/3EF version. Same bezel and rehaut. I suspect it is JVS as some other factories are referred to with an F at the end at times (e.g. BP/BPF).

it's getting hard to keep up with all these names but maybe a member has bought one and can compare.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
JVS(3EF) vs VSF (VSF on the left/bottom).
jk6orR.jpg
jk6qE8.jpg
jk6OHK.jpg

Besides the movement being different (VR3235 vs VS3235) the rehaut is the only noticeable difference. The VSF is as close to gen as it gets and I'm likely to give this the white gold plating treatment as it's so gen that it deserves it. Having said that, if this isn't your grail watch, then the VSF isn't worth the inflated price for a better rehaut. The dial, case, crown etc are identical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed84

Ed84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/20
UK
Thank you!
My next purchase is defo a VSF!
Will look into white gold plating also
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Hop3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/21
For the white gold plating, is the work done by a watchmaker or a jeweler?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
For the white gold plating, is the work done by a watchmaker or a jeweler?

I hate reading a thread only to see it end with an unanswered question. Ok, so eight months late, here’s the answer.

It depends.

• Haha
Reactions: DaDuke73

Dumbbell

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Are there any good replica stainless steel bands that will fit the VSF version of this watch?