• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3 months and still no watch: Bad experience with JTIME

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
may i ask which rolex you are suggesting it doesn’t look like? as you are 100% correct it’s not a Daytona nor datejust nor daydate nor submariner or even a milgausss nor explorer II. But it’s a pretty decent representation of an explorer 1

zyPQ7v.jpg
stop taunting us with this perfection.

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
It’s showing as green in the first three photos on my 27" iMac (with monitor calibrated).
Yeah the polish is a mirror, so it's showing everything above his head "trees." This forum has the best reps available. and modding or frankening them can be even more genuine looking.

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
To be fair the bezel could have gone mouldy during transportation from China or perhaps the casting was done outdoors and got contaminated with flora. Alternatively the polisher may have caught his green tie in the buffing mop. We have to consider these things.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
To be fair the bezel could have gone mouldy during transportation from China or perhaps the casting was done outdoors and got contaminated with flora. Alternatively the polisher may have caught his green tie in the buffing mop. We have to consider these things.
Ghosts Reaction GIF by CBS

treebeard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/21
Anyone know the protocol when I send a watch back to Jtime for warranty, but it is lost on the way back to him?

I was just reimbursed by Canada Post for the most expensive tracking shipping I paid (over $100) after they looked into it and determined it in fact is lost.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Anyone know the protocol when I send a watch back to Jtime for warranty, but it is lost on the way back to him?

I was just reimbursed by Canada Post for the most expensive tracking shipping I paid (over $100) after they looked into it and determined it in fact is lost.
I think you're SOL dude. This is why it's not recommended to ship a watch back to be repaired. Always best to find a local watchsmith or use one here on the forum. Hopefully it actually turns up somewhere

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17

I have shipped a watch back to intime and got it back fully repaired. It was a Calatrava DOA with markers dislodged. Process took a few months, but this is a few years ago. Never shipped anything back to jtime though.

treebeard

11/6/21
I think you're SOL dude. This is why it's not recommended to ship a watch back to be repaired. Always best to find a local watchsmith or use one here on the forum. Hopefully it actually turns up somewhere
I mean i'm all for this not being Amazon, but that doesn't seem right. I followed all his instructions to a T and paid for the most expensive shipping on top of that. If there is a warranty, there has to be some consideration for the consumer in a case such as this or there shouldn't be a warranty at all if this is the risk.

treebeard

11/6/21
CONCLUSION: DON'T SEND YOUR WATCHES BACK TO CHINA FOR WARRANTY EVER

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
I mean i'm all for this not being Amazon, but that doesn't seem right. I followed all his instructions to a T and paid for the most expensive shipping on top of that. If there is a warranty, there has to be some consideration for the consumer in a case such as this or there shouldn't be a warranty at all if this is the risk.
The risk is not in the warranty but in the transportation there and back. I'm sure TDs will honour the repair guarantee if they receive it and then return it. However the risk is in transist, not to mention customs both ways (oops I mentioned it). In my view is not worth it. Find a local-ish watch repairer if you can and only return to China as a very, very last resort.

Reactions: treebeard

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
First time I've ordered from jtime. He sent me the USPS tracking number just before CNY. It began tracking when it arrived in the U.S. in Avenel, NJ on 2/19/24. I live in AL. It then showed delivered to Tenafly, NJ on 2/21/24. Have no clue if it was delivered to the wrong address or not. Or if this is another spot where QC is done. I've contacted Li multiple times. No response. Suggestions?

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
2024-02-21 10:52
TENAFLY, NJ 07670, Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room -> Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 10:52 am on February 21, 2024 in TENAFLY, NJ 07670.

2024-02-21 06:10
TENAFLY, NJ 07670, Out for Delivery

2024-02-20 11:56
TENAFLY, NJ 07670, Arrived at Post Office

2024-02-20 10:41
TENAFLY, NJ 07670, Accepted at USPS Destination Facility

2024-02-19 16:54
AVENEL, NJ 07001, Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

2024-02-08 09:03
AVENEL, NJ 07001, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
he might have given you the wron persons tracking too ?

i dont know ive been waiting since 12/2/22 for li to answer a PM sent by me , so good luck