• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2892 Noise

SW1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/17
Morning all,

I have just received an IWC Mark xvi with a 2892 movement. However, it is very very noisy! Is this normal?

I have a couple of 2836's and they are comparatively silent. Looking at the forum there's not a glaring problem with the 2892 noise from what I can see, is it just mine?

When i tap the watch case it sounds very 'tinny' or loose. I had the back off the watch and the rotor is attached perfectly fine, but....there seems a lot of play in it which is causing the noise. There is no way of tightening either...its not held on by screws, more likely it seems it has been 'popped' on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the watch but can put up with this sound. Its a dead give away from 6ft away!

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Morning all,

I have just received an IWC Mark xvi with a 2892 movement. However, it is very very noisy! Is this normal?

I have a couple of 2836's and they are comparatively silent. Looking at the forum there's not a glaring problem with the 2892 noise from what I can see, is it just mine?

When i tap the watch case it sounds very 'tinny' or loose. I had the back off the watch and the rotor is attached perfectly fine, but....there seems a lot of play in it which is causing the noise. There is no way of tightening either...its not held on by screws, more likely it seems it has been 'popped' on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the watch but can put up with this sound. Its a dead give away from 6ft away!

A2892's can be quite noisy.
Ask a watchmaker to take a look at it or replace the movement with a swiss 2892.

DavidTaiwan

27/8/14
Norway
Thinking of buying the same watch. Does it have quick date change? Or does it slowly change? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro