• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2824-2 No Date, where to buy?

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
I have a ZF Blackbay that was modded over a year or so ago to 2 position.
I had the date function removed to make it more gen-like. It worked quite well until recently when out of nowhere I started having hand binding issues.

I removed the hands and replaced/reset them but the issue persists and indeed it appears that there is some slippage too in that when I wind in position 2 the hour hand will only advance 2hrs before hanging up.

I've not got the skills as of yet to tear down and repair the movement.
So in the hope of getting my watch back up and running I want to get a 2824-2 no date and fit it.
I'm struggling to find a no date/2 position model for sale?
I can find lots of options for pinion height but no luck with a good to go no date.

Is there a more precise search term I should be using?
Or indeed if anyone has a link to one for sale?
It'd be appreciated

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
To remove the "ghost" date setting position from any standard 2824 movement you need the setting lever with two positions, it is part of the keyless works. I believe it is part no 445/1327, but that could be wrong.

It looks like this:
That does not cure your issues with the slipping hands though.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
To remove the "ghost" date setting position from any standard 2824 movement you need the setting lever with two positions, it is part of the keyless works. I believe it is part no 445/1327, but that could be wrong.

It looks like this:

Thanks for that.
Unfortunately swapping the lever or indeed anything beyond swapping a datewheel is beyond my current ability.
Hence my search for a no date 2824, sw200 or other easily swappable movement.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
If you can swap a datewheel you are really not that far away from being able to swap that lever. Lots of excellent youtube tutorials on how to do that.

But yeah, better safe than sorry. Those parts are a bit delicate.

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Thanks to the folk who've contributed to this.
Both the advice on videos and DIY aswell as the offers to post the movements and swap the lever.
It really is appreciated and Triplock I'm in the EU but your offer is appreciated.
I've had a similar offer from an EU based modder and I may well take them up on it.

I do plan on gaining the skills to do this type of work myself but that's a longer term goal than fixing my Tudor.

I am after ordering a movement holder and some other pieces to augment my meagre tools and I hope that in a few months (after they arrive on the damned slowboat) that I can get to grips with stripping, lubing and rebuilding ETA 28xx clones.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Thanks to the folk who've contributed to this.
Both the advice on videos and DIY aswell as the offers to post the movements and swap the lever.
It really is appreciated and Triplock I'm in the EU but your offer is appreciated.
I've had a similar offer from an EU based modder and I may well take them up on it.

I do plan on gaining the skills to do this type of work myself but that's a longer term goal than fixing my Tudor.

I am after ordering a movement holder and some other pieces to augment my meagre tools and I hope that in a few months (after they arrive on the damned slowboat) that I can get to grips with stripping, lubing and rebuilding ETA 28xx clones.

The Timezone Watch School has a decent online course. Mark Lovick has an excellent video course as well. Welcome to the rabbit hole of tool acquisition.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

DaveAndBusters

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/17
Cousins sell Swiss Selitta SW200 (Swiss 2824-2 clone) without date complication -> https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/sellita-sw2001-movement-list -> "Movement, Sellita SW200.1 (ND, H2, S, Std)"

As others have said, the critical difference between a date and non-date 2824-2 is the combined setting lever.
There are so many options here at the cousins website you listed. Can you help me figure out which movement I need for my project? I am building a no-date 36mm explorer using this case:

Thanks!

DaveAndBusters

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/17
There are so many options here at the cousins website you listed. Can you help me figure out which movement I need for my project? I am building a no-date 36mm explorer using this case:

Thanks!
I am guessing this one but I want to be sure

Movement, Sellita SW200.1 (ND, H2, S, Std)​

thanks again

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13

It looks like this:
Where do you usually order these from. I’ve had troubles finding a reputable source.