• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

24+ days (and counting) for a QC. Normal?

crowconut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/23
Western Europe
Hey gang,

I ordered a watch strap from Andrew but it's been a while now.

He mentioned accessories have some waiting time but I guess I'm curious what's a reasonable wait?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It all depends. I’ve waited months before for watches. Andrew will get you what you paid for or he will refund you. I imagine he doesn’t make a separate order for a strap. He probably gets it when he picks up some watches. What kind of strap?

Reactions: P..DR..D

nottbear

8/4/19
Nottingham
There is no normal I’m afraid. It all depends on what you ordered and it’s availability. I’m waiting for qc pics about 3 weeks. The watch I ordered will not be a big seller so I imagine I’ll have to wait until the factory has enough orders to justify producing a batch.

crowconut

30/1/23
Western Europe
Ok interesting thanks :) it's a new speedmaster strap. Good to know this is normal.

I was scammed on chinaTime by that 'wu' guy so I'm just wary

JoKa

Horology Curious
5/3/23
Swiss
There is no normal I’m afraid. It all depends on what you ordered and it’s availability. I’m waiting for qc pics about 3 weeks. The watch I ordered will not be a big seller so I imagine I’ll have to wait until the factory has enough orders to justify producing a batch.
I think you order last week or not? I am also order my first watch, we will see :)

Reactions: nottbear

xairate

19/2/23
USA
Ok interesting thanks :) it's a new speedmaster strap. Good to know this is normal.

I was scammed on chinaTime by that 'wu' guy so I'm just wary
I have had ok working with Wu, ordered 2 watches and prepping for another one. He has been pretty responsive on Whatsapp.

promax01

Rep watch for life
Patron
Certified
19/11/22
Conus
I ordered 5 watches from him. Take very long time to receive qc. None of them arrive yet

crowconut

30/1/23
Western Europe
Yeah I know some people have had fine experience but it's been 70 days since he gave me a tracking number and still nothing shows up on any tracking site....and he doesn't respond to me anymore. I guess he can keep customers if he just scams every occasional one

Reactions: promax01

promax01

Rep watch for life
Patron
Certified
19/11/22
Conus
Yeah I know some people have had fine experience but it's been 70 days since he gave me a tracking number and still nothing shows up on any tracking site....and he doesn't respond to me anymore. I guess he can keep customers if he just scams every occasional one
Really, wow that long time for sure . he give me 2 tracking 7 days ago and nothing updated yet

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Ok, first off, lets not throw out the scam label against a TD please. The T stands for Trusted & that type of talk helps no one.

70days ago you got a tracking number & that's a longtime, so are you 100% sure you are dealing with the correct TT?

Please post a link to the website you ordered from and the email and/or WhatsApp details you have been communicating with.

Edit: A good buddy mentioned you may be talking about Wu when you're talking about tracking number? If so, ignore all the above, but always necessary to double check as scammers have replicated our TDs websites.

I do hope things are going ok with Andrew & that its progressing.

Last edited:

crowconut

30/1/23
Western Europe
Yeah all that scam stuff was in relation to "wu" and if I understand correctly, he's not a 'TD' here.

No update stil from Andrew but since he is a TD and thanks to the feedback. Earlier in the thread, I'm happy to wait patiently some more weeks before I check back in with him for a ballpark timeline with my order with him.

Reactions: P..DR..D