• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2022 Navitimers - Release Discussion.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I like the date in the 6 subdial, it always seemed an afterthought at 4 to me.

I don't like the new wings but like everything else we'll get used to them.

Some decent color and strap combos, the 41mm black and blue is nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: Akilles and KOT1917

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
I like the date in the 6 subdial, it always seemed an afterthought at 4 to me.

I don't like the new wings but like everything else we'll get used to them.

Some decent color and strap combos, the 41mm black and blue is nice!

Strangely, the logo is growing on me already. The colour combos and skeleton rotor looks incredible! About time we had more black bezel navitimers.

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
The date window at 6 - looks great.
New dials - like that a lot.
New wings logo - terrible.
I cant imagine rolex changing their crown logo. The good old wings should stay forever on breitling dials...

Reactions: APjumbo and KJ2020

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
I am a Navitimer fan and those new 46mm B01 are fantastic, but... why remove the GMT/Worldtime models? Makes no sense for a watch that is targetted to pilots and travelling people.

Does anyone know how long typically it takes before the reps appears?

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
I am a Navitimer fan and those new 46mm B01 are fantastic, but... why remove the GMT/Worldtime models? Makes no sense for a watch that is targetted to pilots and travelling people.

Does anyone know how long typically it takes before the reps appears?

The GMT models have an ETA 7754 movement which allow for GMT.

The new Navitimers use B01 in house which don’t have GMT compatibility.

As for when they will be released as reps, seeing as we are still waiting for last year’s super chronomat 44, I think it’s gonna be a while- but I hope not.

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
The GMT models have an ETA 7754 movement which allow for GMT.

The new Navitimers use B01 in house which don’t have GMT compatibility.

As for when they will be released as reps, seeing as we are still waiting for last year’s super chronomat 44, I think it’s gonna be a while- but I hope not.

Thanks for the explanation. I was set off by the whole "new generation Navitimer" thing. So basically they made a new dial, few other esthetical changes and a "new generation" is born :-(. However thye did the B1 46mm which I believe was not there previously. Did they manage to fit it with the original B01?

Seems I have to stick to my loved Navitimer GMT blue dial then :)

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
At first, I thought the new wings were awful, too. But strictly speaking, they are a homage to the early Navitimer models and a piece of Breitling history. That, in turn, I find good.
p.s.: The new/old wings-logo is the logo of the AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association).

Reactions: SixPack1776

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
I went by an AD yesterday and the 46 green dial is pretty awesome in person. It is green when looking at it directly but turns basically black from any other angle. I was very impressed with it. Very curious to see what the reps look like.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Dope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I like the logo and love the date wheel and would trade both chronomats, speedmaster and longines for the 41mm black-eye-blue..
I think they’re badass!!

rinne47

Looking Around
23/2/22
For me personally, very nice made with nice details. I would get this instead of a gen anytime.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I always wanted a decent Cosmo rep, but they never seem to bother making one. I'm still annoyed that they haven't repped the 806 re-issue!

Anyway, I like the details of the new navitimer, but would've preferred if they kept the tachy scale on the dial instead of deleting it.
But I guess the objective was to simplify the look, to make it cleaner. All this combined with the colours and high class touches move it further from the "pilots tool watch" in my opinion. Even if the navitimer in modern times is more of a vanity item than a essential instrument.

Last edited:

goleafsgo98

Looking Around
23/3/18
Generally speaking how long does it take before new releases get replicated?
I love the blue on black

Excaleben

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
Generally speaking how long does it take before new releases get replicated?
I love the blue on black

I feel like Breitling takes a little longer. Still waiting for that pastacio chrono :(. I will wait a few years if that means we get a B01 clone movement so we get these and the Tudor Chronos :D

Reactions: APjumbo