• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Glashutte

d'Boss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/09
Tourbillon. Hmmmm?
Another purchase from Robert, over at 'Time4Direct'. I like dressy watches and I thought this was a bargain. I dont' have a clue, though, if this exists as a Gen or what it is supposed to be copying. Robert's description......

TOURBILLION AUTOMATIC

WORKING POWER RESERVE AND GMT FUNCTIONS

THIS WATCH IS JUST AMAZING THE TOURBILLION MODULE ROTATES 360 DEGREES IN A 12 HOUR CYCLE MARKING THE HOURS

THE SUB DIAL AT 10 IS A WORKING POWER RESERVE INDICATOR

THE SUB DIAL AT 2 ID A FULLY INDEPENDENT GMT DUAL TIME FUNCTION

THESE COMPLICATIONS WOULD BE IMPRESSIVE ON A $500 WATCH BUT AT THIS PRICE POINT IT'S INCREDIBLE

100% STAINLESS STEEL CASE GREAT SIZE 44M WITH 18K ROSE GOLD ELECTROPLATED FINISH

LEATHER BAND WITH LOGO CLASP

HEAT TREATED CRYSTAL

I'd say that Robert's description pretty well hits the nail on the head!
So, first impressions on the wrist: Looks complicated but elegant. It makes you look twice but that's, probably, because you have to get used to working out the time. Ha!
Closer inspection: Nice weight. Very good finish in a lighter than normal rose gold plate - unusually nice! Good, clear crystal cover. Power reserve sub-dial works well as does the GMT. The 'tourbillon' movement is very interesting and receives many remarks. Blued metal hands, together with screw heads, are a good balance for the colours on show. Another '750' engraving on the rear case. All engravings are acceptable. Rotor, again, is only noisy if the watch is removed from the wrist and swirled around - something I don't tend to do in public! Timekeeping is fairly OK: It does me for the times I have needed to wear it. When changing the time I have found it unusual. You turn the crown clockwise and the hands move anti-clockwise. Also, this is the only direction of movement so, you have to make sure you are careful when nearing the correct time installation: Miss it, and you have another twenty fours hours to turn! Movement starts up, almost, immediately after being picked up. Movement, on show through the rear showcase, is very minimalistic but, all the same, has a certain 'je ne sais pas!' about it. I'd say the only downside is the look of the numbers on the face and the two sub-dial hands: They look a little 'plasticky'. But, there again, it's something you only notice when you pick the watch up and study it for a while. Nobody else has mentioned this. I'm just a bit fussy, that's all. Strap is the usual croc effect. Good colour, though, I would like to find a good strap to enhance this watch. Any ideas?
Conclusion: Just a very nice, unusual, conversation starter of a watch. Great to wear out on the right occasion. Amazing price.
Here's a photo of it.....
DSC02647.jpg

And a link for the more detailed shots.......
http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/8Angels1Hell/Glashutte%20Tourbillon/

Enjoy.