• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2 Weeks Since Ordering "In-Stock" and Still No QC

netsurfr

Horology Curious
2/5/22
So decided to order from Theonewatches for my 3rd rep (2 other reps ordered from different TD) but regretting it. Wanted a 36mm DD that showed in stock on his website and also relied on his timeline info on his website stating QC would be 2-3 days and shipping 7-10 days so reached out to him via whatsapp and he confirmed that watch just taking a "few days" for QC. It's now been 14 days and still waiting for QC and Steve is giving me the run-around (asking if I want a different watch, or saying a few more days, etc...). At this point I'm trying to cancel/refund my order and he's not being very helpful with it (ignoring my request).

netsurfr

Horology Curious
2/5/22
Always amazes me how people come here to do nothing but complain. No contributions to the forum in any way shape of form.

It shouldn't... this is, after all, a TD Buyer Review thread!

netsurfr

Horology Curious
2/5/22
Circling back... Steve eventually replied and said it had something to do with wrong watch being sent to him from factory and then that BPF is closed for holidays and that they would be reopening sometime next week but finally agreed to cancel/refund the order so that's good. Sure wish he would have been more upfront about the QC timeline when I first asked him about the watch.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Always amazes me how people come here to do nothing but complain. No contributions to the forum in any way shape of form.
I agree.

I also don't know how often TDs have to clarify what in stock means.

These people do not have 200 watches in their basement. In stock simply means the watch can be ordered and is fully available from the factory. THEY have it IN STOCK.

rza996

Known Member
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
I agree.

I also don't know how often TDs have to clarify what in stock means.

These people do not have 200 watches in their basement. In stock simply means the watch can be ordered and is fully available from the factory. THEY have it IN STOCK.
This wasn’t the case in my experience. After I ordered and paid for a CF 116613LN and a few weeks later, Steve told me that the watch is not available from the factory and he has “no idea” when they will produce this model.

I think OP is right to post, this thread exist to share member’s experiences with the TD, whether good or bad.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
smh

Reactions: KushBandit

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
This wasn’t the case in my experience. After I ordered and paid for a CF 116613LN and a few weeks later, Steve told me that the watch is not available from the factory and he has “no idea” when they will produce this model.

I think OP is right to post, this thread exist to share member’s experiences with the TD, whether good or bad.
Idk man. I think I'd use some common sense and wisdom that's been said on this forum for over a decade, that's just me though.

Reactions: Storm.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
if someone else buys it before you do , its no longer in stock

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
if someone else buys it before you do , its no longer in stock
This!

And if the factory sells out and reproduction starts. It's not in stock either.

People act like this doesn't happen in other, legal, parts of life.
Especially during corona I couldn't even order parts for fixing the house and pool. And it said "available".

Maybe TDs should update their wording and just regularly say "available in 2-3 weeks" like Amazon lol

rza996

Known Member
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
Idk man. I think I'd use some common sense and wisdom that's been said on this forum for over a decade, that's just me though.
I agree, there's so much content on this and other forums, like you said, whole decades worth of knowledge and experience. Common sense is good, like being patient, understanding, etc, etc, especially with the product that we're acquiring.

But TD activities are fluid, a particular TD's behavior today may be different from years ago in the past, or it may not. That's why I appreciate the TD reviews because it tells you what's happening now. You read the current reviews of various TDs and base your purchasing decision and judgement.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I agree, there's so much content on this and other forums, like you said, whole decades worth of knowledge and experience. Common sense is good, like being patient, understanding, etc, etc, especially with the product that we're acquiring.

But TD activities are fluid, a particular TD's behavior today may be different from years ago in the past, or it may not. That's why I appreciate the TD reviews because it tells you what's happening now. You read the current reviews of various TDs and base your purchasing decision and judgement.
I can appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism, however the game has been the same for many years. "In Stock" doesn't mean the watch is in the TDs possession, or that there is even current stock at the factory. It essentially means that the watch is currently in production, but "In Stock" on a TDs website can't be updated as fast as legal products on a website like Amazon.

netsurfr

Horology Curious
2/5/22
I finally got the refund but it wasn't an easy/pleasant experience. And to clarify... I did not rely on just his website "in stock" listing but on the fact that he told me it would be a matter of a few days to get the QC. Never did he say it would be 3 weeks. Had he been straight with me from the beginning I would have been OK with it but he was not. This was not my first replica from TDs. I ended getting the watch from a different TD (took 2 weeks from order to getting it delivered) and the experience was completely different.