• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Here are some photos of my long awaited RG V6. Any comments on the rose gold color compared to gen?

Hi PHLY
Thanks for your interesting and beautiful pics
Unfortunately it is no easy to say that in a pic because the colours change a lot in the pics. But I have seen the Gen and the rep (not side by side) and they are accurate concerning the colour in my opinion.

Anyhow, your watch is amazing my friend, and enjoy it !!!

Clean the finger prints before to wear it !! LOL LOL
Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics
ALE

Is the Puretime V6 section all messed up? There are so many models in there that are NOT in this thread at all. They're not fantasies either, but I swear there's one in the V6 section with stickers on the rotor.

I'm looking at a steel watch on Puretime called a Big Bang Evolution 44mm SS Black Dial on Black Rubber Strap HUB4104 but I can't seem to find this model in this thread. It seems very close to gen so I'm not concerned about it being a fantasy, but is this actually a V6? The rotor looks engraved, and the rest of the watch and movement look identical to the first post pictures, but I just don't see a steel watch with numerals in this thread anywhere, although there seems to be a lot of arguments about the numerals on the Ice Bang V6.

Hi big
Firstly: the model stickers on the rotor.
http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-44mm-black-ceramic-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750-/
is not at all a V6 model (because the movement is not the new from V6 maker). Threfore you cannot see it in the thread and it is not a recommendable purchase IMO (there are other better options for this watch)

The second model you are talking about
Big Bang Evolution 44mm SS Black Dial on Black Rubber Strap HUB4104
is a HBB old model fitted with a coorrect new V6 movement. Since it seems that there are "old" gen models HBB in Hublot AD these replica watches are also accurate. They are not new models V6 but they are OLD models HBB fitted with the new V6 movements like some gens.
I have not included these models in first post of V6 Thread because they are not new models.
But they are replicas of awesome quality too !!!!!!
As far as I know I think are better than old V1 versions (and cheaper and with better movement!!)
You can consult several posts in this thread about this question of "old" models fitted with V6 mvmnt.

I hope all is clear now
Please fell free to ask for more explanations if you have some more questions about

ALE

Rockslide

Getting To Know The Place
30/3/12
Hi PHLY
Thanks for your interesting and beautiful pics
Unfortunately it is no easy to say that in a pic because the colours change a lot in the pics. But I have seen the Gen and the rep (not side by side) and they are accurate concerning the colour in my opinion.

Anyhow, your watch is amazing my friend, and enjoy it !!!

Clean the finger prints before to wear it !! LOL LOL
Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics
ALE

Thanks ALE. Its a nice watch and looks better in person.
I really enjoy wearing it, but one thing is bothering me though. I managed to loose one of the screws at the back of the watch at twelve o´clock while wearing it.
I just ordered Loctite 222 to re-screw all the screws.

Should I worry about wearing the watch with one of the back screws missing?
If not then im not gonna rush to get a new screw at the moment.
Anyone know where I can get a new back screw?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks ALE. Its a nice watch and looks better in person.
I really enjoy wearing it, but one thing is bothering me though. I managed to loose one of the screws at the back of the watch at twelve o´clock while wearing it.
I just ordered Loctite 222 to re-screw all the screws.

Should I worry about wearing the watch with one of the back screws missing?
If not then im not gonna rush to get a new screw at the moment.
Anyone know where I can get a new back screw?

Be careful with the bezel screws and little side screws. They are more visible
The only problem with the back screw would be the waterproofing. But if you have tightened the other screw you could wear it and even wash the watch without problems until you have the new screw
Consult your dealer for the screw.

ALE

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the explanation ALE7575! That definitely clears things up. That's pretty much what I thought from the pictures on the Puretime website, but as with all replicas, looks can be deceiving. ;)

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Dear,

I'm about to buy my first HBB, an All Black II....

From what I've red and exchanged with owner, v6 seems to be "The" way to go...

The croco gummy makes me fear, as a good strap changes an average Rep into something quite believable for most of people as I experienced with my Pam..

I was wondering if a ceramic strap is available ? (without dremel work 8^) )...

mianos

1/9/11
The croco gummy is a great strap. The factory does a great Hublot strap. It is nothing like the crap leather straps you get on cheap reps.

Rockslide

30/3/12
Be careful with the bezel screws and little side screws. They are more visible
The only problem with the back screw would be the waterproofing. But if you have tightened the other screw you could wear it and even wash the watch without problems until you have the new screw
Consult your dealer for the screw.

ALE

I didn´t quite understand what you meant by being careful with the bezel screws and side screws, as they are more visible?
You mean that I need to be careful when screwing them back on with Loctite?

I didn´t know that it was that waterproof.
So if I tighten the screws with Loctite, I can wash the watch under the sink, with one missing back screw?

Im going on a vacation soon and I will be bringing my watch with me for daily use.
I dont think I will be able to get a new screw until after I get back.

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Even on good rep (PAM 177H or M) strap are almost always crappy...

I'm wondering what is better between classic or croco strap... for Rep accuracy...

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I didn´t quite understand what you meant by being careful with the bezel screws and side screws, as they are more visible?
You mean that I need to be careful when screwing them back on with Loctite?

I didn´t know that it was that waterproof.
So if I tighten the screws with Loctite, I can wash the watch under the sink, with one missing back screw?

Im going on a vacation soon and I will be bringing my watch with me for daily use.
I dont think I will be able to get a new screw until after I get back.

Sorry, surely I have not expained it correctly.
I was talking about you need to tighten carefully and to lock with Loctite the bezel screws and the little screws, because they are more visible and the bezel screw are very delicate. You will need an special screwdriver (from Puretime the best one)

Concerning waterproofing is the resistence to get water into the watch. i think that tightening the other caseback screw you could wash the watch under the skin without problems.

ALE

Thanks for the explanation ALE7575! That definitely clears things up. That's pretty much what I thought from the pictures on the Puretime website, but as with all replicas, looks can be deceiving. ;)

You are welcome!!
Ask me for the questions you could need no worries
ALE

Dear,

I'm about to buy my first HBB, an All Black II....

From what I've red and exchanged with owner, v6 seems to be "The" way to go...

The croco gummy makes me fear, as a good strap changes an average Rep into something quite believable for most of people as I experienced with my Pam..

I was wondering if a ceramic strap is available ? (without dremel work 8^) )...

I'm wondering what is better between classic or croco strap... for Rep accuracy...

Yes, I agree with you talking about leather strap, because at this moment some rubber and SS straps are very good.
Concerning ceramic for V6 I don't know at this moment about a ceramic bracelet to fit directly the V6.
The best strap for V6 at this moment is the rubber strap with little groves, and it is very accurate to the gen.

ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12

I've had all three.... textured, croco, and smooth (with lines), Croco was my least favorite and to me just looked cheap. imo anyway.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Thanx a lot ALE7575 for the confirmation.
To tell the truth I recieved a mail from Puretime telling me it's not v6, and then another mail telling me it's a V6 :cool:

I think I'm going to spend few bucks in the very next week !!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanx a lot ALE7575 for the confirmation.
To tell the truth I recieved a mail from Puretime telling me it's not v6, and then another mail telling me it's a V6 :cool:

I think I'm going to spend few bucks in the very next week !!

LOL, really we know better the catalogue than the dealers and we know more about watches than gen forums.

What a crazy hobby!
BTW: beautiful watch your choice !
ALE

spookyztempe

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/11
first of all, thank you so much ALE7575 for creating this super awesome thread. Your thread is very poisonous, and because of it I spent $$$ on a hublot, which I never thought I would.

Here's my first hublot, a v6 ss/cer evo
IMG01768-20120725-2115.jpg

IMG01767-20120724-1714.jpg

IMG01772-20120725-2217.jpg

There are 2 main comment about this watch:
1. the gummy strap really is that UNCOMFORTABLE. Well I dont think its the strap, its the buckle that hurting the skin. Does using other rubber strap (non gummy ones) helps?
2. the fuzzy cut of the subdial (on the 3 oclock in my case) is quite visible for the owner, but for other people to see its not visible at all. I might get an ice bang dial in the future. How much does it cost to get just the dial from TD?

I'm glad I didnt pick the V1 lite, because the caseback is that fantastic and worth every penny from V6 upgrade :D

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I like this watch also, congratulations.

I have all my HBBs on rubber, they feel much better.

I do not think you will get a v6 dial from a TD. The v6
factory is not selling parts only. If you do, let me know.
I agree 100 % with your statement about the cutout,
nobody will know, therefor do not worry.

spookyztempe

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/11
I like this watch also, congratulations.

I have all my HBBs on rubber, they feel much better.

I do not think you will get a v6 dial from a TD. The v6
factory is not selling parts only. If you do, let me know.
I agree 100 % with your statement about the cutout,
nobody will know, therefor do not worry.

thanks for the info, guru!

damn I think i should spent more $$ on rubber strap. how much do they usually cost?

how about non v6 dial? are they available on sale? I though I read a few threads that saying they want to buy a dial, not sure if its a v6 one.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
thanks for the info, guru!

damn I think i should spent more $$ on rubber strap. how much do they usually cost?

how about non v6 dial? are they available on sale? I though I read a few threads that saying they want to buy a dial, not sure if its a v6 one.

I cannot agree more with the very good answer of (master) guru
I don't know exactly the price, but about 60-70$
Concerning dial I think you cannot get the V6, as said by guru, for other dials consult your dealer.

BTW: one of the most beautiful HBB

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
H-maker strikes again!! - The HBB Evo from H maker

H-maker has released a replica of HBB Black Magic Evolution:

Read this thread by PeteM
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-h-maker-111450

As you can see in the thread it is a replica of the HBB BM Evo model fitted with an inaccurate movement instead of the correct V6 mvmnt
But what I don't understand is the inaccurate SS silvered caseback.

Don't go wrong: This is a HBB Evo replica from H maker BUT IT IS NOT AT ALL A V6 !!!

ALE

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
LOL, really we know better the catalogue than the dealers and we know more about watches than gen forums.

What a crazy hobby!
BTW: beautiful watch your choice !
ALE

Dear ALE (and others too of course), I'm about to order :

HBB-2012-01-17-01.jpg

http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-44mm-all-black-ceramic-ii-on-black-rubber-strap-hub4104/

at Mary's place as I order my Pams at her place and she's efficient and a TD !!
As I'm a total noob to Hublots, I'd like to have your opinion on the mail I want to send her to avoid any error..

Specifications :

Big Bang 44mm All Black Ceramic II, V6 version.
Asian 7750 25J Automatic Chronograph Movement at 28800 vph with working regulator
Black Rubber Strap

Did you see any necessary precision to give to Mary ?

I got a question : are all the functions/buttons working as the Gen on this particular Model ?

I'm also looking for a nice strap and found : http://www.2dstraps.com that support Hublots with Genuine leather !!

Dscn3088.jpg