• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale - I can't comment on the Black Magic as I have not researched that model yet. I only referenced the Black Magic because post 940 of this thread includes QC pics of a Black Magic with a Limited Edition caseback.

I didn't quite understand if you were saying that the All Black II has a limited edition caseback or not. I just want to clarify that the caseback of the gen All Black II has the text "LIMITED EDITION XXX/500" as only 500 pieces were made. In fact, one of the mods for one of the previous versions (the V7 version) was to replace the caseback because it incorrectly listed XXX/200 instead of XXX/500. You can see more details on other mods commonly done to the V7 version in this thread at RG (HublotSenna is also a member here but I could not find this post at RWI) - http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=154204

SORRY. SORRY. guys

I was talking about Black Magic and you were talking about ALL BLACK
It was my mistake. Sorry again

ALE

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
you don't have the H screwdriver, please remember that the H screwdriver from Puretime is one of the best I know. Buy it if you don't have one.

Good luck

Thanks Ale. I have a H sdriver.
I spoke to Toro, he can get the screws for the V6.
I will keep you updated

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Question: Will a v1/1.5 tungsten bezel fit on v6 models? Anyone tried?

I am not aware of a 1/1.5 tungsten bezel, only the v5 used to have one
and that will fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AXC

Known Member
5/3/12
If you don't have the H screwdriver, please remember that the H screwdriver from Puretime is one of the best I know. Buy it if you don't have one.

Is the H screwdriver carried by Puretimes really much better than the one sold by WatchBitz? Worth paying 7.5x more?

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Is the H screwdriver carried by Puretimes really much better than the one sold by WatchBitz? Worth paying 7.5x more?

I bought the one from watchbitz, it works perfectly. I cant think of what more it can do. Just buy from watchbitz especially since they have a little promotion right now

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

I bought the one from watchbitz, it works perfectly. I cant think of what more it can do. Just buy from watchbitz especially since they have a little promotion right now

The screwdriver from Watch Bitz is a regular V screwdriver and don't fit enterely the shape of the H screw. I have one similar to WB one. It works obviously, I have used it hundreds of times, but I have had sometimes scratches and marks problems. I'm trying to buy one from Puretime at this moment. Just my experience, sorry...
The screwdriver from Puretime fits exactly the shape of the H screw and the problem of marking the screws decreases a lot

ALE

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
The screwdriver from Watch Bitz is a regular V screwdriver and don't fit enterely the shape of the H screw. I have one similar to WB one. It works obviously, I have used it hundreds of times, but I have had sometimes scratches and marks problems. I'm trying to buy one from Puretime at this moment. Just my experience, sorry...
The screwdriver from Puretime fits exactly the shape of the H screw and the problem of marking the screws decreases a lot

ALE

True that. The screwdriver i got from watchbitz does scratch if your not careful. I just assumed all of them would scratch if used carelessly. Thanks for the info ALE

AXC

Known Member
5/3/12
Ok. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the different screwdrivers. I purchased one from WatchBitz this morning, figuring it will be better than using a springbar tool like I am now. Scratching shouldn't be a problem since I use a thin layer of cellophane between the screw and tool on highly visible areas like bezel screws.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ok. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the different screwdrivers. I purchased one from WatchBitz this morning, figuring it will be better than using a springbar tool like I am now. Scratching shouldn't be a problem since I use a thin layer of cellophane between the screw and tool on highly visible areas like bezel screws.

Be sure it will work better than a springbar remover.
Using a protective tape is a very good practice.

ALE

True that. The screwdriver i got from watchbitz does scratch if your not careful. I just assumed all of them would scratch if used carelessly. Thanks for the info ALE

I agree
Handling H screws you have always to be carefull even with a professional screwdriver
You are welcome
ALE

marblegranite

Getting To Know The Place
28/2/12
Watchbits offers two different sizes of h screw drivers. Maybe the scratches were caused by using the small screw driver on the larger h screws? I have purchased both from watchbits but I didn't get to use them since I'm still waiting for my Hublot Diver to be delivered... Tomorrow!!! :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The CORRECT "H" SCREWDRIVER

Dear friends
In order to clarify definitively the "H" Screwdriver discussion, I have made some draws showing the differences of fitting between screw-screwdriver for a correct specialized H screwdriver and a cheap V screwdriver.

Firstly the pic of the correct H screwdriver

SCREWDRIVERPURETIME.jpg

Below the pics of:
-LEFT: The H screw and the bezel
-CENTER: The fitting of the correct "H" screwdriver
-RIGHT: The fitting of an adapted "V" screwdriver

SCREWDRIVERCOMPARISONS-final.jpg

It is no necessary to explain why the V screwdriver can scratch and mark the H screw. Isn't it??

I hope all is clear now

ALE

bluffer843

Renowned Member
21/10/10
Has anyone been able to source skinny H seconds Hands? I would pay top dollar for a gold one for my evo

marblegranite

28/2/12
Thanks Ale for the clarification. I can certainly see the difference in quality of the correct h screw driver.

gqii4you

3/7/09
Hublot V6 RG

Hey guys.. I have taken the last day to go through this entire thread.. First of all, thanks a lot for all your input. You guys have taken a lot of time to keep this going and I greatly appreciate it.. On to my questions...

1. I want to get the Hublot V6 RG watch from Marvelous. However, I see many posts months ago about the color of the RG issue. In the pics I see, it does seem to look more like yellow gold than rose gold.. Any updates on this?? Has the factory fixed the issue? any input would help.. thanks again..

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=1283

2. When I go to Hublot site, I see the ICE BANG as having numerals. But I can not find the evolution on the site.. why is that? V6 is only made in the Evolution style with sticks.. Just curious.. thanks

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Thx Ale, you always find the time to tell the noobs the right advise. I like your drawings..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thx Ale, you always find the time to tell the noobs the right advise. I like your drawings..

You are welcome
;)

Really, It was a pleasure !!

ALE

Nickyy

25/4/12
Hello, I am new
Here has received from puretime my black magic, basically look very well, but of course dont like blue AR and for a short time not bright Lume (((
strap looks good, but as it is not convincing that it is made by a croc,

And I want to ask who can correct this small prob( AR, Lime) if it possible of course...

ps excuse for my poor English*

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
This watch is much better on rubber. Regarding the modding it all depends in which country you are.

Nickyy

25/4/12
This watch is much better on rubber. Regarding the modding it all depends in which country you are.

I already understood that on rubber better...
From Russia, here it is a problem, I think so