• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
I have just been on Andrews site (who is not a trusted dealer on here) and I saw the new V6 Ice Bang with numeral dial.

Here is the video: [ame="http://vimeo.com/41655321"]http://vimeo.com/41655321[/ame]

What do you guys think?

AXC

Known Member
5/3/12
I like the straight dial markers better on an ice bang. Looks cleaner. Numerals would look great on some of the other models, though.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The "NEW" OLD HBB "FANTASY" Replicas

I have just been on Andrews site (who is not a trusted dealer on here) and I saw the new V6 Ice Bang with numeral dial.

Here is the video: http://vimeo.com/41655321

What do you guys think?

Hi Cee many thanks for your information

Actually there are not only a Ice Bang but more OLD models with the circular bridges movement of the V6 HBB Evolution.
You can see Puretime catalogue, TrustyT, PC, King... and you will see the OLD numerals Ice Bang, Black Magic, SS/SS, SS/ceramic...fitted with the NEW V6 movement.

The OLD HBB models had the conventional ETA 7750 movement without circular bridges. They diden't have the NEW circular bridges movement of the HBB Evolution copied by V6 factory.
Therefore, IMHO these replicas are just OLD HBB models fitted, in a "fantasy" way, with a very good but inappropriate movement with circular bridges made by V6 factory copying the NEW movement of the HBB Evolution.

I repeat IMHO these are "fantasy" watches fitted with a very good but inappropriate movement.
THEY ARE NOT AT ALL HBB V6 EVOLUTION MODELS.
Please, see I'm not saying they are bad reps. I'm just saying that they are not HBB V6 EVOLUTION (like the title of this Thread)

This is just my opinion but I woul like to know the thoughts from guru and other experts.

ALE

NOTE: After writing this post we have had the info from some members about having seen some gen of old models of HBB in AD Hublot fitted with the new circular bridges movement. Therefore these replicas are already accurate. !!!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I personal agree with Ale, these wtches are fantasie watches.
Anyhow, the watches look great. The dial is perfect, the case is great
and the movement is even better. Now who knows? Just some people here
on RWI. I guess, if you show the watch to Mr Beaver, he would not now.
So my advice would be, if you like it, buy it.......you get a realy good looking
watch which has eveything. Much better then having stickers on the rotor or on the bridge.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
I lost a bezel screw on my V6.
Is it a long or short H screw ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I lost a bezel screw on my V6.
Is it a long or short H screw ?
depending which one you lost and good luck to source one, they are different then all the others....there is something called locktide:maty:

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
depending which one you lost and good luck to source one, they are different then all the others....there is something called locktide:maty:

Lost the screw @ 12..locktite Duely noted.

Angus has them...8.00

If I can't source 1 in conus, I can include it on my next order.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
make sure they are for the v6. the others do not fit. @12 it is a long one.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Amazing first page! Thank you for such a comprehensive overview!

Thanks Wheres for your kind comments
But, believe me, really the best of this Thread are all the contributions by all members involved in it
I just started the discussion.

ALE

Much thanks.
I bow before you guru

Bow down before your watch, apply Loctite and tighten the screws !!!
LOL

ALE

I agree guru. The screw @12 is long, but be carefull: the regular Puretime HBB screws in its web don't fit the HBB V6.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Thanks Wheres for your kind comments
But, believe me, really the best of this Thread are all the contributions by all members involved in it
I just started the discussion.

ALE

Bow down before your watch, apply Loctite and tighten the screws !!!
LOL

ALE

I agree guru. The screw @12 is long, but be carefull: the regular Puretime HBB screws in its web don't fit the HBB V6.

Thanks for the update Ale.
If not Angus, who else might carry the long scews for the V6 ?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks for the update Ale.
If not Angus, who else might carry the long scews for the V6 ?

I'm very sorry but I don't know
I would try talking with the dealer

In case you have no solution:
It would be possible a cosmetic solution with a Puretime screw??
No threaded but glued, even cutting almost all the thread and sticking just the head with a little of the threaded part.
Some inputs about would be appreciated

ALE

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
I'm very sorry but I don't know
I would try talking with the dealer

In case you have no solution:
It would be possible a cosmetic solution with a Puretime screw??
No threaded but glued, even cutting almost all the thread and sticking just the head with a little of the threaded part.
Some inputs about would be appreciated

ALE

I was thinking the same thing.
I was going to order the 4000m from Angus,
and add a couple of screws to the order.
That might be my only option.
I will keep the thread updated.

marblegranite

Getting To Know The Place
28/2/12
In this thread on page 94 or shortcut: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=986591&postcount=940

Look for yourself... If anyone got HBB v6 Black magic this month please share this info, if you have caseback with or without LIMITED EDITON text.

I have read this entire thread(took a couple days). First of all, thank you ALE, guru and everyone else for all your contributions!

Has anyone else confirmed whether the latest batch of the V6 black magic or V6 All Black II comes with the LIMITED EDITION text in the caseback?

The reason I ask is that I'm about to place an order for the V6 All Black II and would be so happy if it came with the correct LIMITED EDITION XXX/500 caseback.

marblegranite

28/2/12
Three new Big Bang models were added to TT today:

NewHBB.png

hublotfan

20/4/12
I have read this entire thread(took a couple days). First of all, thank you ALE, guru and everyone else for all your contributions!

Has anyone else confirmed whether the latest batch of the V6 black magic or V6 All Black II comes with the LIMITED EDITION text in the caseback?

The reason I ask is that I'm about to place an order for the V6 All Black II and would be so happy if it came with the correct LIMITED EDITION XXX/500 caseback.

Seems like a hit or miss with this.

When I ordered from MR, the first QC pictures had the limited edition on the back. However, there was an issue with a piece of dust or something on the "hublot" in the face so they were kind enough to send it back and it ended up being a new watch that came back. The back of the new one is no longer a limited edition (it doesn't really matter to me). But perhaps it's just chance or something you can ask the dealer for.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I was thinking the same thing.
I was going to order the 4000m from Angus,
and add a couple of screws to the order.
That might be my only option.
I will keep the thread updated.

OK mike
If you don't have the H screwdriver, please remember that the H screwdriver from Puretime is one of the best I know. Buy it if you don't have one.

Good luck
ALE

Seems like a hit or miss with this.

When I ordered from MR, the first QC pictures had the limited edition on the back. However, there was an issue with a piece of dust or something on the "hublot" in the face so they were kind enough to send it back and it ended up being a new watch that came back. The back of the new one is no longer a limited edition (it doesn't really matter to me). But perhaps it's just chance or something you can ask the dealer for.

Dear friends
I think you make a mistake
The Black Magic II evolutiion is not a Limited Edition watch.
Threfore the correct caseback is without Limited Edition inscription.
The HBB evolution LE caseback are AB Green and Blue.
Just the makers are taking for the BM the casebacks for Green and Blue !!
But this is inaccurate and a mistake !!

See the gen pics here:
http://www.thewatchobserver.co.uk/-watches-buyers-guide-tests-reviews-photos-retail-price-compare-/-Hublot-Big-Bang-Black-Magic-Evo-

So, be happy if your BM doesn't have the Limited edition in caseback.

I'm waiting mine too, crossing fingers...But really I'm not very anal I like to enjoy my reps and gens not to analyze them.

And I recommend the same to you all

As you can see even you don't knew that matter !!!
Really it is not a big problem, we will be alble to live with it

ALE

marblegranite

28/2/12
Ale - I can't comment on the Black Magic as I have not researched that model yet. I only referenced the Black Magic because post 940 of this thread includes QC pics of a Black Magic with a Limited Edition caseback.

I didn't quite understand if you were saying that the All Black II has a limited edition caseback or not. I just want to clarify that the caseback of the gen All Black II has the text "LIMITED EDITION XXX/500" as only 500 pieces were made. In fact, one of the mods for one of the previous versions (the V7 version) was to replace the caseback because it incorrectly listed XXX/200 instead of XXX/500. You can see more details on other mods commonly done to the V7 version in this thread at RG (HublotSenna is also a member here but I could not find this post at RWI) - http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=154204