• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

À chance to see "222" rep?

GJU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
Same here.
Based on the sucess of the AP RO replicas, I am confident many enthusiast would appreciate a 222. > it could be a very popular watch

Reactions: funkeymonkey

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Is there any chance to see a replica of the 222?
Where can I ask for that?

I'm looking for nearly every day, it's a simple 3 hand, should be easy to replicate.
Maybe the bracelet...
A solid gold 60k watch is not easy to replicate. This is high horology so a decent rep is unlikely

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
VC is not a popular brand by any means.
Inhouse Caliber that is very slim
See through Caseback
Pure gold - both case and bracelet.
Bracelet is proprietary for this model only = requires a lot of time and effort to get it right.
Only 37mm - not a pupular size nowadays

Those make the chances of a decent rep with a few flaws really miniscule.

I highly doubt they can get near the hight of gen. If they use ETA2892A2 they'll have a movement of the same hight, but it looks nothing like the VS 2455 - so either a glaring tell, or add deco plates (+2mm)
The weight difference will be substantial. A 37mm solid gold watch has some weight to it. Plated SS will be noricably ligher.

Just as a refference: The RG Patek 5711 is sold for less (RRP) Much popular model. So expect the same (or even higher) level of details, finishing etc.

tldr: don't hold your breath

Reactions: FrankUnderwood1

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Excellent reply locvs

My take is that I would accept an engraved Miyota 9015 with custom rotor (a la PPF Nautilus). The watch looks fun to wear, but bracelet tooling looks like it will require some work, as well as case detailing.

I am hopeful but not expecting a release. Honestly I'd be happy with an AP 15550 release over this one.

Last edited:

GJU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
Thanks for the excellent replies. Fully agreed, it might be a huge challenge for any factory for a watch that is pretty rare.

Solid gold rep are certainly even rarer :) but I think a steel version would be acceptable to start with.

VC is perhaps not very popular but this watch reminds me a lot of the APs. > Popular as REP (because available), but still very rare in real life (because expensive and hard to find)
Looking at the amazing jobs done for AP and the PP reps, i assume the factories could be capable. The 222 has certainly a very special and difficult design, just like the the AP RO when you think about it. When see AP bracelet for a few bucks on DH Gate, I start to believe anything can happen.

(Note: I am aware the VC is not designed by Genta like the AP PP IWC)

I would not hold my breath - but I would buy.

Reactions: bignicklaw

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Perhaps the factories will jump in as soon as VC release a new 222 in steel. Hope this is coming as VC is my favorite's brand.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I won’t hold my breath. Homages of the Tudor FXD and Pelagos 39 have been out for a LONG time and still no sign of their reps.
Pelagos homages have been showing up now with titanium grade 2, just like EWF YM 42. Just a matter of time....

Reactions: atadams77

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Pelagos homages have been showing up now with titanium grade 2, just like EWF YM 42. Just a matter of time....
I’ve learned to hold my excitement for official news. But glad to hear something may be coming soon.

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
I’ve learned to hold my excitement for official news. But glad to hear something may be coming soon.
Yeah same but I always hoped for the the perpetual calendar in ceramic from ap. And everybody told me it's impossible. But then out of the blue they popped up. Keeping my fingers crossed.