• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second Watch Purchase - Tourbillon

trilla1337

Renowned Member
27/7/15
Hello Again,

So after several restock hiccups, and the like I've finally been able to purchase my AP RO in Rose Gold.

Because of the lack of stock etc, I've actually saved $150 on the rep that I originally ordered and guess what - I'm ready to start looking for my next rep.

The RO will probably get most of the wrist time, so looking for a smart dress watch and really fancy a sexy tourbillon.

Cartier do a good looking one, as to JLC, but wanted to know which have been repped well and are suitably "thin" - most replicas I have come across are fairly chunky.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
All tourbillon are pretty inaccurate, and anyone knowledgeable will know it's a rep at a glance. It's a 4-500 dollar rep of an in house $50,000 watch. it's not gonna be accurate, but it will look very neat if you can get past that.

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
yea they are all cool. I like the JLC and always loved the hublot (not as dressy though) but they are mesmerizing. Darby hit it though they are all far from accurate. there is no bad choice though, they are all nice!

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
All tourbillon are pretty inaccurate, and anyone knowledgeable will know it's a rep at a glance. It's a 4-500 dollar rep of an in house $50,000 watch. it's not gonna be accurate, but it will look very neat if you can get past that.

The Vacheron Constantin Malte Tourbillon is quite accurate. There are a few very small tells, but for the most part, the front and back look pretty darn accurate. Besides, they are so rare out in the wild, that 99% of those who handle it would not know it's not authentic, other than the fact that you're sporting a $200k watch. I couldn't resist how beautiful they are, and ended up with both styles (RG and SS/Plat).

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
All this talk about 'tourbillion' watches is kinda bothersome. Most watches called 'tourbillion' by Rep makers are not a tourbillion at all. Not even close !! They only 'resemble a tourbillion and 'emulate' the looks. There are a few, very few, real Chinese made tourbillions. A 'Tourbillion' is a movement. Not a 'model' of a watch. It is a very complicated, extremely delicate movement that costs a bundle to make !! Even a 'true' Chinese made 'tourbillion' movement is not cheap. No it is not !! Do your homework well guys, and get a real "Tourbillion' . ................. A tourbillion is a tourbillion ! Not a pseudo tourbillion !!

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
The VC Malte I'm referring to are real tourbillons. They have the flying tourbillon movement. That's why they cost close to $800 each.

Here is a pic of the two of them. You can tell they are not just a decorative escapement.

2b050d6e71d3b191edf7b55bd15f34b2.jpg

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Yes, I do know that. Very, very well. I meant the other overwhelming majority of so called 'tourbillions' are not. And some noobies are fooled by those. Nice VC tourby by the way !!

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
nice vc malte tourbillon, my first rep, but didnt get around to wearing them much unfortunately

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
I, too, was wondering where you can get one for "4-500 dollars"!

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Here's my cream dial V-C Malte. The most beautiful dial in my collection, 4 day reserve and very accurate. And of course a real tourbillon movement:
14386900602810.jpg

elloello

13/3/14
U.K.
The VC Malte I'm referring to are real tourbillons. They have the flying tourbillon movement. That's why they cost close to $800 each.

Here is a pic of the two of them. You can tell they are not just a decorative escapement.

2b050d6e71d3b191edf7b55bd15f34b2.jpg

yummy :)

collector00

5/8/15
hi.. pls allow me to revive this thread with some questions in mind..
Defination of Tourbillion:
"In horology, a tourbillon (/t??r?b?lj?n/; French: [tu?bij??] "whirlwind") is an addition to the mechanics of a watch escapement. Developed around 1795 and patented by the French-Swiss watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet on June 26, 1801, a tourbillon aims to counter the effects of gravity by mounting the escapement and balance wheel in a rotating cage, to negate the effect of gravity when the timepiece (thus the escapement) is stuck in a certain position. By continuously rotating the entire balance wheel/escapement assembly at a slow rate (typically about one revolution per minute), positional errors are averaged out."

so, a chinese made Tourbillion really able to negate the effect of gravity?
what are some of the chinese made tourbillion's movement?
i mean like, A2836, A7750... so how about tourbillion's movement?

i'm looking at following watch:
http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=110&product_id=1584

was wondering is it a real tourbillion or jus a decorated piece..

kindly shed some light to a newbie who started to out-look of those common brands :)))

googlechap

Horology Curious
20/6/14
so, a chinese made Tourbillion really able to negate the effect of gravity?
what are some of the chinese made tourbillion's movement?
:)))

If the factories have been able to copy other aspects of the gen watches, I think that it is just a matter of time that they will be able to copy a tourbillion.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Tourbs are badass...I have two...almost got a third, but let it go...

Everyone should have at least one...it really doesn't matter which...it's what you like.

Fantasy or not the movement is mesmerizing...

Speaking of fantasy...I will have this soon...not authentic but damn good looking IMO.

tag-heuer-replica-watch-pendulum-tourbillon-IMAGE.jpg

If you do not know the difference between "open heart" and a true "tourbillon"...then shame on you...

Tourb4.jpg

jaycey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/13
Anyone got any timegraph readings of a Chinese Tourby? I would like to see how they perform.
Lovely watches but who and how much to service one?

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Anyone got any timegraph readings of a Chinese Tourby? I would like to see how they perform.
Lovely watches but who and how much to service one?

First question...NO

Second question...no one for a rep.

Third question...answered by second question.

Get one anyway...

jaycey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/13
Great.

I have been looking for a project for next years Horology training (4th year)
Do the rep factories use the Sea-Gull tourbies or do the other Chinese movement makers do tourbies also?