• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with the back's plate

mrmn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/15
Hello guys!
Yesterday, I just received a new IWC Portuguese 7days and everything is perfect. So I wore it for 1 day and found out that the automatic winding rotor is not moving, look like it stucks to thr edge of the case as you can see in the pic but the watch is still working tho. Have anyone had this problem before? Is it easy to ve fixed?
Thanks in advance
3aea471271ff9c760a4387e7338b2288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Firstly it's not a back plate but the Automatic Winding Rotor. Now it appears to be distorted in that it's not lying flat. You can clearly see one side is depressed and the other raised. It's possible that the shaft it revolves around (and is secured to by that little copper strip and screw) is bent. It's also possible it's just not seated properly and can be "popped" back ok. Either way the back has to come off. Personally I would contact the TD before you go any further.

dannyw

11/3/14
But if he send it back to TD, it will take him weeks before fixed and return back to him. Why not let a local watchsmith try open and maybe it is just an easy fix?

mrmn

15/10/15
Yeah I know it will be take weeks if I send back to TD, I intend to fix it myself, just wanna know if anyone had done it before so they can give me some advices.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
But if he send it back to TD, it will take him weeks before fixed and return back to him. Why not let a local watchsmith try open and maybe it is just an easy fix?

Because getting watch smith to fix it will cost $'s. As it was delivered faulty then the TD should replace it.

PHILIP74

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
10/12/15
Alternate Universe
Where have you bought the iwc 7 days? how much for it?

Best regards

Inviato dal mio K5 Octa utilizzando Tapatalk

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Because getting watch smith to fix it will cost $'s. As it was delivered faulty then the TD should replace it.

You basically have 3 options:
1. Try to fix it yourself
2. Have a local watch smith fix it at your cost likely
3. Send it back to the TD (shipping to TD is on you, TD pays shipping back), wait for it to get repaired and shipped back, this process can take a while so be prepared.

I would go for 1 or 2, it seems to me the rotor is just not sitting correctly, might be as easy as unscrewing the rotor and screwing it back in.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Problem is this rotor isn't held on with screws unlike ETA or Miyotas. It looks as if the copper strip locks into a groove on the rotor shaft. No idea how much play is on these rotors that it could be displaced so much. As I said it might just pop back but if the shaft that it sits on is bent then it might need to go back to TD.

mrmn

15/10/15
Where have you bought the iwc 7 days? how much for it?

Best regards

Inviato dal mio K5 Octa utilizzando Tapatalk

There are many Trusted Dealer selling this watch such as torobravo, TS watch and puretime... Price range between 320$-368

mrmn

15/10/15
3. Send it back to the TD (shipping to TD is on you, TD pays shipping back), wait for it to get repaired and shipped back, this process can take a while so be prepared.

I would go for 1 or 2, it seems to me the rotor is just not sitting correctly, might be as easy as unscrewing the rotor and screwing it back in.

I would go with 1 or 2 too cause I dont wanna wait too long and I don't know If the TD will send me replace watch if the watch is in custom while its on the way back to me .
Thanks for the advices.

rhc22

26/11/11
Problem is this rotor isn't held on with screws unlike ETA or Miyotas. It looks as if the copper strip locks into a groove on the rotor shaft. No idea how much play is on these rotors that it could be displaced so much. As I said it might just pop back but if the shaft that it sits on is bent then it might need to go back to TD.

If I remember correctly the rotor is held on with a screw as normal. What looks like a shaft is just a little stud. The ruby, stud and strip are just for show and would make no difference if you removed them.
I would say the rotor is either not pressed squarely onto the bearing or is bent. Both would be an easy fix if you are happy working on movements or a few minute fix for a watchsmith.
The problem for anyone outside of Asia sending it back is the cost to send, the timescales and customs risks.

Edit..Something else, is the rotor stuck or does it 'wobble'. It could be just that the rotor screw is loose. If that is the case then all you have to do is loosen the strip and slide it back, remove the stud and ruby and tighten up the rotor screw gently.

dannyw

11/3/14

Exactly what i am thinking.. Shipping cost is on you, so spending that shipping cost might as well try get it fixed locally.

And also see below, custom. You may never know when your bad luck arrives.

I am in Malaysia, people says ZERO worry with custom. I received a call from custom one day asking me to visiting the post office and see him. Lucky me, he doesnt care if it was a rep, he just want money before putting on the sticker "CUSTOM CHECK AND RELEASED". I do not think you can do this in US or EU.

If i am your TD, i can say this might happen due to rough handling on posting, so repair cost USDxx on you again?

I would go with 1 or 2 too cause I dont wanna wait too long and I don't know If the TD will send me replace watch if the watch is in custom while its on the way back to me .
Thanks for the advices.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
As members above already pointed out; the ruby, stud and strip are just for show. You can easily fix your rotor ...

Remove the tiny screw from that copper thingy, it´s just for show ... underneath you´ll find the rotor screw , screw it tight, ready!

Dr. Theo

un1ZNAI.jpg

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13

Option 4
Send it to one of our modders like Vac

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk