• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime QC issue.

droow

Horology Curious
4/5/14
I bought a pam tuttonero last week from puretime it arrived on Monday. I unwrapped it started checking it over turned it over to check the movement and saw immediately four what look like black sharpie marks on the movement!!! I mean these aren't little dots one of them is about 5mm long.

I coukdnt believe it. I checked the qc pics and there was no sign of the marks so I contacted puretime immediately. They asked for close up shots so I sent a handful and thought ok they'll see those and replace it.

I just got an email from Jennifer at puretime qc

"Thanks for the pics. we are sorry for this but from our qc pics, we really dont see there marks."

I'm absolutely gutted. What am I supposed to do? Obviously the qc pics were not the same watch they sent me but it's just them vs me???

Any advice greatly appreciated

Will post pics shortly.

droow

Horology Curious
4/5/14
cheers mate, just done that, will post pics once i know what's happening (or not if it gets sorted out) not sure what the protocol is re that

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
cheers mate, just done that, will post pics once i know what's happening (or not if it gets sorted out) not sure what the protocol is re that

Imho you posted a thread claiming you have been ripped off before asking the mods to help you out, now the least you can do is post the pics for us to judge.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
all your pics look the same so ill only post one

1.jpg

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Completely ripped off?????? What high horse are you riding in on mate

sent from my Samsung S6 Edge +

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Why not post the comparison pics? Yours.. Theirs..

Take some time and do it right. Quit panicking! They didn't rip you off, they do make mistakes but you haven't shown enough to prove it.

Gutted? lol A little dramatic don't ya think? 3 black marks on a rotor? Right? Facing your skin where no one sees? I mean, if it's the rotor, maybe they can send you another one, maybe not. We need qc pics.

You are not going to die, trust me. Your guts will remain in tact until it's figured out.

Meanwhile, I am changing the title of this to, Puretime QC issue.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
How about a q-tip, some rubbing alcohol or paint thinner, and some precision?

If the watch is keeping good time, I would try this first and see if I could remove the marks myself.

One of the first reps I bought from a TD had the rotor fall off inside a closed caseback, I couldnt see it but I could hear it. I opened it up and repaired it. The screw holding the rotor weight had come undone, I put it all back together, and no issues. I would see if you could fix it first. One of the reasons I got into reps is because I love to read the tutorials here and see if I can do it myself. Good Luck with it.

droow

Horology Curious
4/5/14
ok, thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not trying to be funny or melodramatic. Apologies.

I'll try and get some better pics.

kx129

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/15
It looks like a sharpie mark to me. if it is, rubbing alcohol should remove this pretty easily.

Also, try not having the light directly above the watch for better pics.

soundwave

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/15
lol cant see it at all in that last pic black on black hard to see tbh try it in the day light tomorrow will be the best light tho id just take the back of and try clean it off as will take 10 sec if felt pen ;)

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
first of all, i won't be really worry about it.
because most of the time, it will facing down.

and if you really really uncomfortable with it, contact local watchsmith to clean it.

saying you got ripped off is truly exaggeration.
Cheers!