• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you do with unwanted/ old reps?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Before I discovered RWI I probably bought 10 or more reps. I would buy a new one like every 1 or 2 years. When I was done with them I didn't want to throw them away so I started tossing them in bushes and on top of public trash cans for people to find. I did this with a 6263 Daytona, a Day Date II platinum, a couple Yachtmasters and a Pam Daylight.

I always thought whom ever found them would be quite happy. But maybe upset when they took to authorized dealer to sell. ;-)

aaamax

Known Member
28/9/15
that's pretty funny actually. I can see the outcome.
btw, why toss the reps? they don't really wear-out even if a mvmnt goes bad, you just toss in a new $9 jobber.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
At the time I had no resources like RWI and took to watch guy once who refused to work on so I figured they were junk. I think the most I paid was $500 so after a year or two I figured I got my money's worth.

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
So the next time you feel like throwing away $$$$ I will send you my address.

easfarmers

20/11/15
i have a few shit reps from aliexpress. I'm too not sure of what to do with them.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
i have a few shit reps from aliexpress. I'm too not sure of what to do with them.

I always thought it would be funny to bury like 5 reps in a row on the beach where a guy with a metal detector regularly visits. Film him hitting the jackpot and post on social media.

junbug5150

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
24/12/14
I always thought it would be funny to bury like 5 reps in a row on the beach where a guy with a metal detector regularly visits. Film him hitting the jackpot and post on social media.

Geocache them ;)

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia

Nice one haha :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mkovacs13

8/7/13
Might as well do with some others have said and take them apart. When they've served their usefulness as watches you can always learn from them, or do some lume practicing if the dials allow it.

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Put up a shot of what you have, maybe you can sell a part or 2?

TempusAurum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/15
LOL that is quite a funny thing to do.
I had a very bad IWC once, paid around $30 for it.
I didn't want to give it to family or friends, figured it will stop working in about a week or so.
I threw it in the dustbin, changed my mind and picked it up again, started to take them apart to 'LEARN', f***ed up the movement and hands in the process, threw it back into the bin. :p

Well later in life, I found out that MANY would want those cheap $60 reps we call crap.
I sold a few through my local ebay-kinda site. :D