• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daytona / Yacht-Master I & II

jflhkg

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/6/15
I have a second at 6 Daytona. It keeps good time but the chronograph function had ceased. Lugs on 2 and 4 position are not functioning but both are becoming switch on/off movement only. ie. to push either lugs on 2 or 4 position, the movement will stop. Push again the movement will run again. Both sub dials on 3 and 9 position are not running but are remaining all time at 30 and 12.

This Daytona is one of the Solidswiss advertised 1:1 Swiss cloned Daytona I bought in last November. I got the delivery in May this year. It broke down the same day I got it. Solidswiss refused to take it back for refund or exchange. Nor they had offered to fix it under the 2 years warranty.

Could anyone tell me what went wrong with the movement and where to get the spare parts to get it fixed. Obviously, it's one of the cheap China cloned movement Solidswiss Daytona. I am another victims of their false web presentations and internet sales.

simple

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/15
Thank you for the writeup! The image quality sucks, but I'm hoping to find a rep to pay homage to a gen 6262 that I once had but sold for a down payment on my home.

DSCN0249_zps7wrjkyhn.jpg

guitarcrazy

Horology Curious
1/8/15
Hello guys, this is the only Rollie 116509 I like so far but as I check on the Gen all of the chronograph movement with sec is at 6 o'clock. I just wondering why is the latest update rep 116509 movement withs sec was build at the 9 o'clock? I'm not rollie fans, lack of knowledge about rollie. :unsure: Need some guru advise me before I pull my trigger for this baby. :punk:

RLX2015080402-02_enl.JPG

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Hello guys, this is the only Rollie 116509 I like so far but as I check on the Gen all of the chronograph movement with sec is at 6 o'clock. I just wondering why is the latest update rep 116509 movement withs sec was build at the 9 o'clock? I'm not rollie fans, lack of knowledge about rollie. :unsure: Need some guru advise me before I pull my trigger for this baby. :punk:

RLX2015080402-02_enl.JPG

Only because it’s a movement where s@9 is native, so it’s reliable. The gears required to shift it to another position, either 12 like ap or 6 as daytona or Portuguese, are custom that the movement wasn’t designed for thus prone to breakage.

guitarcrazy

Horology Curious
1/8/15
Aww... so basically it's still not the right time to grab this baby yet, since it's not following the Gen like movement am I correct?

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Aww... so basically it's still not the right time to grab this baby yet, since it's not following the Gen like movement am I correct?

Are you interested in a reliable movement for a lot less? They make the 21j version of this with frozen seconds hand and working seconds at six. So it looks like the gen with running seconds at six without the chrono hand running. Narika has some for sale at 150 I think.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/224019-You-Asked-for-FROZEN

Subsub468

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/7/15
I can't make OP's, but I've got a question.

Ive got a cheap Daytona that has non-functional sub-dials, but one of the hands fell off those sub-dials. Is there a way to get to the watch face for a layman?

greatwarrior_83

Looking Around
17/9/15
hi all,

i want to buy a Rolex Daytona 116515 LN so could help me to find a good seller with good qulity!!??

Subsub468

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/7/15
One of the sundial hands fell off on an old rep of mine. Is there a guide to taking these apart?

Subsub468

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/7/15
One of the sundial hands fell off on an old rep of mine. Is there a guide to taking these apart?
one of the sub-dials on my rep Daytona fell off and I'd like to fix it. Is there a way to get to the face? Links to tear downs are appericated.

This is a nice rep from a market in Hong Kong, but was about $70 back in 2007 so I can only imagine what the guts might contain (it's got the winner etching on the case back).

Its been a great watch for the last eight years, but I rarely wear it.

Thanks.

flatounet

24/9/15
Hey I'm new to the forum and wanted the forum's opinion on this dealer and watch.

Sorry, I forgot to post the website info.
http://www.pursevalley.cn/rolex-yac...nless-steel-and-rose-gold-bracelet-622270.php

im sorry for late reply ,im newbie here too
i looked this site too pursevalley.cn

google pursevalley + scam
i founds somes bad feed back ,some never recived order
and 2 other recived it but poor quality ,contact seller (pursevalley) and no return accepted .....

forget it...

reuzenkind

Looking Around
5/2/09
Hi! Do you guys know where i can buy a good rep of the Yacht-Master Everose (116655) with the rubber strap?

flatounet

24/9/15
im noob too ,i understand it's not easy to find here , but
all dealers here buy on the sames factorys.

look here i search submariner : http://www.intime.co/search?search_query=Submariner&orderby=position&orderway=desc

in result you found :
-noob factory 2014
-Best Edition V2
-116613 Two Tone Submariner Asian 2824-2

i dont know all factory and her link ,but i have this one :
http://www.noobwatch.com/

you have her release & detail ...
if you have more info/link about manufacture/factory your welcome to pm me
link are welcome ;)

frankhamil

29/11/09
I really appreciate the write up on the Yachtmaster II. As many others, I would like to have a rep that functions like the gen.
From the post:

"We finally have confirmation that the rep does have the correct functions as the gen watch.

this one actually has all the working parts same as gen. Working 10 minute countdown down, same as gen 90 degree rotating bezel, removed "date" after Oyster Perpetual, correct small chrono. "

I've searched all the TD's and cannot find one that seems to match this description. I did find one outside the fourum from a non TD. I'm not inclined to go elsewhere. Should this rep that functions like a gen be available from any of our TD's?

Thank you.

Frank Hamilton

YM II by Bruisedknux

hlDtz.jpg

flatounet

24/9/15
im looking for buy YM2 :

http://www.intime.co/yacht-master/1898-2014-yachtmaster-ii-yg-white-dial-on-yg-bracelet-a7750.html
http://www.intime.co/yacht-master/1897-2014-yachtmaster-ii-rg-white-dial-on-rg-bracelet-a7750.html
http://www.intime.co/yacht-master/1...ss-yg-white-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a7750.html

that's one of these i want ,but only 7750 rotor ,
any feed back about it ?
heard that gold is plated remove / leave with time, that he is?
(dont stay really long)

any better version in one of these color ( yellow gold / rose gold / SS/YG on white dial ?)
link welcome

Andycrack

22/4/08
Bonesey thanks a lot for the review. Very interesting and helpfull.
Which TD has the last version of the YMII that is mentioned in this thread??