• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What TAG are you wearing today?

Spark2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/14
One of my favorites. From Asian7750.
http://www.2015asian.com/product_show.asp?P_id=1394
Has correct logo, enhanced movement, 5-piece bracelet, and a good price.

Tag1a_zps9ksah2dz.png

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
Argh these Tag heuer's are beautiful. I really want a tag aquaracer gen chrono

Spark2

4/3/14
I have the same but my logo has not the arrows in G letter. Is there an updated model with arrows in the logo??
Mine has the arrows, so there are some out there. I read all of the reviews I could (many had broken links) and searched all of the TDs here. There were many choices and some that claimed to be the latest and greatest were not - even though they were more expensive. Most of the dealers seem to have good assortments of Tags, but it is hard to tell one from the other in a lot of cases. Sometimes the descriptions did not match the watch as shown in the product photos. There was not any deception going on, just careless protect descriptions with copy and paste errors. I cannot tell on most of them if the G has the arrows or not - even when I zoom in. I suspect that if they cannot be discerned they probably are not there. You will just have to ask the dealer if they are there and/or ask for a very close up QC pic.

This version that I got through Tony appears to have all of the upgrades, but is at a lower price than a lot of the other choices. This made me worry about what I was going to get, but it worked out great. The only thing that it does not have is the correct number of decretive machining lines (forgot what they are called) on the autowind weight. There is supposed to be an odd number. Some watches claimed to have an upgraded movement with the correct number of these, but usually those watches also said that the movement was the latest copied from a gen caliber 1887 movement. The only problem with this is that the movement is a caliber 16. Go figure.

Reactions: Mixcoast

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Thanks spark, could you post more pics of the caseback?

Mine has the arrows, so there are some out there. I read all of the reviews I could (many had broken links) and searched all of the TDs here. There were many choices and some that claimed to be the latest and greatest were not - even though they were more expensive. Most of the dealers seem to have good assortments of Tags, but it is hard to tell one from the other in a lot of cases. Sometimes the descriptions did not match the watch as shown in the product photos. There was not any deception going on, just careless protect descriptions with copy and paste errors. I cannot tell on most of them if the G has the arrows or not - even when I zoom in. I suspect that if they cannot be discerned they probably are not there. You will just have to ask the dealer if they are there and/or ask for a very close up QC pic.

This version that I got through Tony appears to have all of the upgrades, but is at a lower price than a lot of the other choices. This made me worry about what I was going to get, but it worked out great. The only thing that it does not have is the correct number of decretive machining lines (forgot what they are called) on the autowind weight. There is supposed to be an odd number. Some watches claimed to have an upgraded movement with the correct number of these, but usually those watches also said that the movement was the latest copied from a gen caliber 1887 movement. The only problem with this is that the movement is a caliber 16. Go figure.

Spark2

4/3/14
No, screws are blue. I looked at changing them, but it was a bit pricey (bang for the buck wise anyway) for just doing one watch. I am seriously considering new AR coating. This version seems to be really bad. I m not sure what the gen has, so maybe this is correct? I have heard other Tags have terrific AR so I am not sure why this one sucks so bad.

2die4

Horology Curious
5/11/13
My Carrera 16 Monaco Grand Prix - only arrived yesterday and I love it.

Just love the Carrera day dates. Already have a blue face Carrera 16 but always wanted the Monaco GP version so here it is!

efb487654587ef3abd4c6b0ce5d5a7fe.jpg

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
Not a rep; but an older tag that I like. I do keep thinking that I need to relume it though.
IMG_1194_Version_2.jpg

columbian

21/5/12
Very nice watch! I think genuine comes out in 2 version. One is open back , the other it is not. Which one do you have and from which seller did you buy it , if i may ask?
This one came from Sead a few years ago. He sent me the wrong watch, but I liked it, so kept it. Its with the open caseback:)

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk