• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 000: H-Factory vs Noob

chikafilet

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/15
Hi all,
I have an opportunity to purchase a PAM 000, but this has the "new-gen" H-Factory case. I am curious how this compares to the well known Noob cases?

Read a few threads and did a search and saw that the H-Factory was either ranked a little lower (not sure if old design) or it's equal. I always like the latest and greatest, so any input is appreciated!

Thank you and happy Friday.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
my list for casesets:

1) Noob V4
2) HF last batch
3) KW
4) Noob V3

But it seems that the Noob V4 CG is no longer available and watches comes with the old V3 CG

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Ya I too heard V4 cg was out of production

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
H factory with mods: Crown polished/CG pin and edges softened/CP flat and polish. The dial is way superior to Noob. The case is excellent but ....

chikafilet

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/15
So the consensus is that the HF dial is better than Noob as well?

PAM1983

I'm Pretty Popular
6/4/15
Yes the Noob case is a bit better then H Fac. H Fac Dial is on point...except for the spaing between the "A" and the "I" on PANERAI. They should be a bit further apart then the rest of the letters. The Sausage Lume is really really good. Ask for a close up shot of this from whatever TD you get it from. Ive owned a GEN and a REP Pam000. They are really close if you can mix and match parts. The Crown is finally getting to be polished to Gen like specs on the H Fac as well. The caseback on the Noob is more Gen Like. Ha Fac is off with smaller lettering and the Panerai Symbol smaller than Gen Like. All in All some modding needs to be done to the H Fac Case. I had fun using a Gen to try to get the case as close as possible. Use the search engine on here to read up and educate yourself more. ITs fun. Keep asking around to get a total consensus on the subject at hand. This is just my opinion. Cheers

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
my list for casesets:

1) Noob V4
2) HF last batch
3) KW
4) Noob V3

But it seems that the Noob V4 CG is no longer available and watches comes with the old V3 CG

Thanks Bozz for this score
You are a really good observer of caseset features, but just curious about the evaluation of KW caseset
I'm not saying you are not right, just to know what is your opinion about the KW case to put it in 3th place.

All new cases have corrected lug shape, otherwise old models.

Leaving aside the CG lever shape, a complete last version Noob V4 is the best of them as a general consensus.

In the same way, Noob V3 would be the last one. I agree

H maker caseset without mods has an impressive finish but the edges are sharper and the bezel has sharper transition edges and, maybe, taller base.

KW caseset has also very good finish, bezel is not as accurate as Noob, because it has a bit sharper edges (although not as sharp as H maker). Mid case edges seem accurate and nicely built. The lug holes positions remains a bit higher as always (less than old version but still higher). But I don't see any reason to place no modded H maker before KW caseset.
I actually don't have info enough, but have you more info to get your final evaluation?.
I'm really curious to know more about the last KW caseset

Thanks in advance
ALE

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Welcome ALE,
I put HF caseset in second place, because the shape is very similar to latest production of OEM historic Luminors 44mm.
My reference is to the HF with thin bezel. I know the problem of sharpen edges, but it can be solved easily.
I like very much the KW caseset, the finish is very nice and accurate, gen-like, and it inspired me to improve the polishing of my builds.
But if you look the shape, especially the junction of lugs / case, it is very similar to the OP 6520. In my opinion perfect to build a Luminor B / C / D / E / F series.
That is why I have placed it in third place. Noob V3 imho is excellent to build an OP 6500 or an OP 6502 without any mod (excluding the lug holes and the crown tube)

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Ya I too heard V4 cg was out of production

Yes mate, Some rumors say so. But I'm trying to solve the problem using the HF or the KW lever: Noob V3 CG body + last HF (or KW) CG lever.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Welcome ALE,
I put HF caseset in second place, because the shape is very similar to latest production of OEM historic Luminors 44mm.
My reference is to the HF with thin bezel. I know the problem of sharpen edges, but it can be solved easily.
I like very much the KW caseset, the finish is very nice and accurate, gen-like, and it inspired me to improve the polishing of my builds.
But if you look the shape, especially the junction of lugs / case, it is very similar to the OP 6520. In my opinion perfect to build a Luminor B / C / D / E / F series.
That is why I have placed it in third place. Noob V3 imho is excellent to build an OP 6500 or an OP 6502 without any mod (excluding the lug holes and the crown tube)

Thanks Bozz
As far as I know KW has also made some transition process from the old casesets to the new ones.
I would like to see the lugs junctions to the mid case in last versions. I though they were really better than old versions
We will wait for more comments and pics, because for some reason new KW caseset are not popular

ALE

D

d4m.test

Welcome ALE,

Some further refinement on your point: The 6502, 6518, and 6520 are virtually the same cases in terms of proportions. However, they have different tubes based on their years of manufacture. H factory and KW cases do a nice job of recreating the lug shape and lug/case edge junction. I know because I have held all of these gen parts in my own hands. I can say with confidence that the H factory V1 is the only great option out there for the 6502-6520 builds. One of the last readily available cases for this build that I would recommend is the PAM247 from H factory

The 6500??? Now that's something different all together. A very rare breed and unique lug shape all its own.

Please read more on the topic here:

https://rwg.cc/topic/157641-the-elusive-op6500

The noob V1-V3 are the best options for Pre-V builds, not the 6500, which is a totally different case.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Thanks Grim for the delucidation, I know better contemporary Luminors. I knew that the OP 6500 and OP 6502 were the same case, different from the OP 6518-6520.
I bought my last KW a year ago, in my view, very good case to build an OP 65xx (HF V1 is no longer available). Finally some photos of a gen PreA from a listing

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Maybe the Parnis / Marina Militare case (44mm hand wind) can be used to build an OP 6500. I've this doubt.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Grim and Bozz for your expert comments. They are really interesting.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Now try to keep the main subject of this thread
LOL

ALE

waynepersie

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/8/12
Hi all,

I just got my QC pics of pam 000 h factory purchased from chazingtime in RG.
Would appreciate if any could give some guidance on this version. Pro and con.
Thank you.
5d3de91a299a9f51112735c2bbee8875.jpg
eeb643ae10d67332f184ab8583debb2c.jpg
44f6786facc07e0aafaff74bfa38d7ef.jpg
f08b1b887d6faf2efcb0f579019ea68c.jpg
e05231051426eb5f5e61a9f09249272b.jpg
690c8ba7e7389007d1d4d7cc6f09109d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk