• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Gen should I buy????

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
I am in the very fortunate position of being able to buy a new gen. However, there are 2 that I like.

Both evoke great memories for me and I feel equally invested in both. But can only afford 1

Should it be the classic Omega Moon watch. Closed case back and hesalite crystal verson.

Or

The Tag Heuer Monaco Blue. A reinterpretation of the classic original.

Tag is about $1000 more but offers that lovely blue dial......

All and any comments appreciated

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Oh Man!! These two are true classics and very hard to choose from. I have a thing for the Monaco and that blue dial. But I would say go with the Moonie. Coz it's classic and befitting for any occasion and will go with any outfit.
Where as the Monaco I feel would be only appropriate with certain outfits and sportier occasions.

Just my 2¢.

Looking forward to what you choose.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
True that and appreciate your thoughts. My Sea Dweller 4000 that covers the business and casual look

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
The Omega first and the Monaco later when funds are replenished.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Why of course the Omega moonwatch !!.............. It has a place in history. And highly collectible !! And HOLDS its value well. Very well !!

D

d4m.test

Great choice, it had to be the Moonwatch between those 2:)

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Picking it up at Duty free in 4 weeks. Have the watch box and booklets to play with till then.

Alos picked up a gen black leather strap and deployment clasp at the same time.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Picking it up at Duty free in 4 weeks. Have the watch box and booklets to play with till then.

Alos picked up a gen black leather strap and deployment clasp at the same time.

Nice!! Congrats. Don't forget to post pics when you pick it up.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
That's a great choice. Every great collection should have a speedmaster in it

Gotta post some pics when you get it!

tagthis

9/2/15
Excellent choice.. You will not regret it. I also have a gen Speedy.

jes007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/14
I had the same dilemma but I also had the zenith 1969 chrono with the tri color sub dial as an option... difficult choice but i decided to get the monaco with the silver dial because its rare and I loved how the dial shined in person.

both watches are great but if you want to get the blue dial monaco later on, there is a new matte blue dial coming out in october or november this year for retail of $5k but will see for $3800 on the grey market. this almost looks identical to the 40th anniversary which sold for 10k except this has a display caseback without the signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nle8qhlikTk