• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM616 first shots

umaxim

13/6/15
DSC_6387.jpg

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Thx for posting. The light is not the best ... are those bezel markers and numbers really that dark orange???

Dr. Theo

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thx for posting. The light is not the best ... are those bezel markers and numbers really that dark orange???

Dr. Theo

The yellow lighting and the flash photography is enhancing the hash marks on the bezel too much that it makes them appear too dark.

Stromtrooper4

22/11/07
That looks bloody great. Just wish I could pull off 47. How you finding it weight wise ?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I prefer the PAM508 over this plastic "eye of the tiger." Just my taste.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
616: it makes me vomit. It is one among many signals that the current Panerai is losing touch with its history--a history which was the basis of its revival and success up until now. I do not think the guys on HomageForum in year 2056 will be building homages to the 616.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
616: it makes me vomit. It is one among many signals that the current Panerai is losing touch with its history--a history which was the basis of its revival and success up until now. I do not think the guys on HomageForum in year 2056 will be building homages to the 616.

You never know mate, they might. Tigers will probably be extinct by then. [emoji12]

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

Why the HF guys would need to build homages to modern PAMs in the future is beyond me. They simply will focus on recreating watches that are rare, or as an additional criteria (which they follow now anyway), watches that have not been repped yet. :)

umaxim

13/6/15
I'll post more once I have the light box set up this weekend... Happy 4th to those who are in the U.S.!

umaxim

13/6/15
The weight is about 140 g i believe. It is very comfortable with the original rubber strap. I got a tan python strap, but have put the original one with a blue logo... Great quality rubber, by the way. I ordered blue sting ray band matching the watch highlights - will see how works together...by the way the material feels and looks (and keep temp) much more like a stone, than plastic. In fact there is nothing plasticish about it - it is like a stone or ceramic to the touch, and you can't really scratch it, so I think these have better chance making it over next 50 years than SS cases... the material is very impressive and high grade...

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
The PAM616 looks like Zebra pants worn by a bad 80's hair band. This is the only model Pam I can't hop on board with. To each his own though. If it makes you feel good wear it with pride.

umaxim

13/6/15
a sign to things to come... looks like "80sh" are back. Personally for me it's a perfect watch for South Beach adventures this summer. The funny part is that I can appreciate 111, 243 or bronzo - I love classics, but I also like this zebra watch... being open to new things is key for progress!

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I prefer the PAM508 over this plastic "eye of the tiger." Just my taste.

You're not a fan of modern composites? I hope you never have to travel in a Dreamliner!

As the OP said, it's not at all like plastic. Knocked mine against a door the other day and it took the paint off the door and left the bezel untouched.