• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The pilworx Penultimate Platinumizing Procedure

watchoholic

24/7/08
Hey guys I'm gonna be taking a hiatus from watches/RWI and alot of things as my father is going to have to live with us for awhile. He had a successful surgery though! (craniotomy) but he has a long road of recovery ahead. Keep up the good progress and i will talk to you guys down the road. -w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janstood

Known Member
17/9/14
Hey Watchoholic, I wish your father the very best. I am sure we will keep on obsessing and searching for solutions and look forward to a time when you can afford the luxury of this nonsense. Stay strong,

JS

pumes

Known Member
8/6/15
WOW! This is an amazing analysis. Very helpful. Do you offer service for custom modding?

detroit45

Known Member
18/1/15
Picked up all the materials.. Just need to find the courage to mess up a few times and take my Sub out of circulation.. I have a TC sub on the way. When it arrives, I'll be more inclined to practice on my no date.

detroit45

Known Member
18/1/15
Here is the before:
SubSA3135_zpsq5eiaayy.jpg

ht2424

Known Member
4/6/14
Great article. thank you so much to sharing. I might follow your procedure to mod mine!!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Well I guess depending on how you look at it it could be gold....Ok I see it! I guess i didn't know platinum had gold hue.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well I guess depending on how you look at it it could be gold....Ok I see it! I guess i didn't know platinum had gold hue.

Wait till ya get your TCYM and you wear it outside.....the dial will have a pinkish, gold tint to it !

Badge1311

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/15
Just ordered my paint and thinners to try this! Cost a fortune as i had to get it online as its not available in the UK! My bezel has a darker imperfection at the 12 o'clock mark (see pic) so hopefully i can execute this as well as the pics show!! Excited but nervous haha

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
You will be fine, follow the directions carefully, buy a good quality brush. clean the bezel off with alcohol or whatever was recommended, be patient. get sharp clean blade to scrape

Badge1311

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/15
Thanks mate. Ill put some after pics up once its done. May take a couple of weeks for postage of the paint though!

Janstood, just the ones mentioned in the post mate. Flat steel grey i think its called and then the thinner and lacquer also. It's available on ebay if your looking for it just type the mentioned paint codes in and it should bring them straight up..