• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate Franken Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Here are some pics of my Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee with the following features:

gen dial
gen tachymeter bezel
gen hands
gen Hamilton movement (swiss ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module)
custom date wheel as per gen
gen crystal/gaskets
modded midcase
recessed crown position
custom movement holder ring including silver electroplating
lots of other modifications such as recutting the threads etc.
on rep rubber and custom SMP alcantara strap

This watch was built by my friend and great watchmaker Domi !! Thanks a lot !! You are the best watchmaker on the planet !!

Also a big thanks to Mrgee5165 for disassembling his gen AP Bumble Bee to provide me with lots of info !! Thanks also to Edge for his CF input !!

I hope you enjoy the pics and I welcome all comments
smiley.gif

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
really nice aps bud..... it must have taken alot of work and time to get them done....

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Love it!!
Lots of obstacles overcame here! Very nicely done.

The backcase is the incorrect rep Ceramic one - thinned down? Or is it correct DLC'd steel?
Did he use an epoxy to fill the old crown tube hole in FC case?

fitipaldi

8/10/10
wow congrats!!

However, looking at your franken I think rep factories did a really amazing work with the rep.

yentob

22/7/12
That is incredible! first of it's kind in a CF case.

Well done and good job Domi and all others involved!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Must be very comfortable to wear. Nice work Domi and Daytona. Beauty.

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
Nice Watch so far :) two little updates and I would Lover her...

I know that it's a lot of Work and Hard to set but Domi set the Crystal too High again, he did on mine too...
I have fix that a day later self... And the Bezel self I would change for an Bezel of the JF Case...

The Bezel of the Noob Cases sucks me Personally atm more and more... Because you look on it when you know it...

The Complete look of the Watch is another with an JF Bezel... And I mean not only the Rubber Clad Bezel ;)

so my Tip you have an Rep Crystal on atm... So grab an JF Watch with Ceramic Bezel, put these Complete Bezel with Crystal on the Franken and you are Finish ;)

anyway it's a nice Watch so far ;) the Dial etc makes a Big different

bananapig

Banned
12/2/15
Wow that's a nice one mate! I hope I can do one frenken bumblebee too! I love it!

Daytona1984

Renowned Member
13/2/10
Nice Watch so far :) two little updates and I would Lover her...

I know that it's a lot of Work and Hard to set but Domi set the Crystal too High again, he did on mine too...
I have fix that a day later self... And the Bezel self I would change for an Bezel of the JF Case...

The Bezel of the Noob Cases sucks me Personally atm more and more... Because you look on it when you know it...

The Complete look of the Watch is another with an JF Bezel... And I mean not only the Rubber Clad Bezel ;)

so my Tip you have an Rep Crystal on atm... So grab an JF Watch with Ceramic Bezel, put these Complete Bezel with Crystal on the Franken and you are Finish ;)

anyway it's a nice Watch so far ;) the Dial etc makes a Big different

thanks buddy for the input. however, i used a j12 bezel? didn't know that noob also released a bee... i used the gen crystal since it is thicker and needs to be installed. but i think it is possible to lower the crystal. will check next time when i'm with domi. however i kind of like it as is :)

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Daytona, did you use a normal OEM ROO crystal or a special OEM BB ROO crystal? You will probably need a thicker rubber gasket under the bezel if you lower the crystal.

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
No worrie Bro it looks great and Yes you can lower the Crystal... But when you have use a GEN Crystal it would be not sooooooo easy... But Domi can handle this i am sure :)