• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this 16613 model worth a damn?

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I really want a 16613, that's my next project too

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
It's an ok watch but the problem is the purple/blueish dial. Also the LEC needs to go. If I were to buy this watch I would swap the dial and Crystal with a TC and it would be great.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Jeff thank you for the response. is the TC Dial and insert good?? I have searched but have not seen any review. I always put in Gen Xtals that is required. I was wondering if I would have to go Gen bezel assembly and crown. I guess for 208 bucks it is worth the gamble. The bracelet has to be a piece of crap at this price point!! LOL

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
A TC dial is definitely a must upgrade, then Crystal and insert. I'm not sure how the stock insert compares to a TC but you can find gens on the bay for under $100.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I really doubt this taking gen parts! But you never know in the rep game what's out there?
But at that price point I doubt it?
I had Rsh do a build with a similar base watch like this! He Done the CGs work ..With no Rehault engraving! BP version..Which you could always sand off the engravings But I had rsh swop out the BP TT dial out for the TC dial and hands and put a BK champaign DW in it! He then sent it off to watch guy because the crystal couldn't be changed and move and realign the cyclops because the TC dial has a different Date window position opposed to the BP dial. I then put in a Gen insert which had to be sanded to death!..lol
So this was my first attempt to make a decent TT out of the regular ETA version rep TT 16613 ... Which yielded good results and was a decent build!
I was just to anal and wanted better! But you can build a decent convincing 16613 out of these ... Just takes a lot of work! Good luck!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Ooooh I remember now rsh modded the BP gold plated bezel ring on the inside to make the insert work which I think it was a WM9 insert I started out with! Then after receiving the watch back I sanded a gen insert to put in it!
But I remember rsh doing a mod to the bezel ring to help fit the insert in the first place..So by cleaning and sanding the inside lip of the bezel ring it make for easier install for the gen insert!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
Not trying to hijack the thread, but how is the tc 16613 dial compared to the gen? Mainly concerned about the tone of blue.

Clock79jb

Known Member
6/7/09
116613 have a maxi dial , but I know of some guys that swap the maxi markers over, it can be done

Thanks Warchguyusa1! Would you be able to tell me who could swap the Maxi Dial markers over? I'm also in FL (Orlando) do you by anychance have a watchsmith in FL that you use for servicing your Reps?? I have been looking for one for a while with no luck. I tried to PM this to you but it said your inbox was full.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Thanks Warchguyusa1! Would you be able to tell me who could swap the Maxi Dial markers over? I'm also in FL (Orlando) do you by anychance have a watchsmith in FL that you use for servicing your Reps?? I have been looking for one for a while with no luck. I tried to PM this to you but it said your inbox was full.

any good relume guy like cwazy or vac (also in Fl) can swap the markers over

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Which one is gen...the one on the left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess that as well, but some of the Gen.s I see on Ebay look more like the one on the right. The color is pretty sweet!! I started this thread and since then have bought a WM9 BLKM 16613. I will post pics once it arrives. I can't wait!!