• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

manbearpig101

Looking Around
25/3/21
I'm a total noob here buuut just got QC photos for the noob carbon motley, in case y'all were thinking of purchasing here they are:
ZsAAgS.jpg
ZsA2MW.jpg
ZsAh1P.jpg
ZsAeoQ.jpg
ZsA5TL.jpg
ZsAiBK.jpg
ZsAU0R.jpg
ZsAa58.jpg

Last edited:

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Great news! Hopefully Noob with hit the DiW GT-40 series as well. Got my hopes high for this one:

carbon-rolex-daytona-gt-blue-watch-designa-individual-watches-principeprive-2_620x.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Indeed bro. This one is very nice, but I can't handle the yellow strap. With a black strap this one kills.

ZsL0Vn.jpg

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=20463
I think if you are desperate, is possible to buy this dial or even the watch and swap it with a noob DiW right? You might need to trim the dial like the ARF dial?

Photo stolen from reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/co...gold/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

2563d1dbe75328c4dda215a8e5f7c98c.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think if you are desperate, is possible to buy this dial or even the watch and swap it with a noob DiW right? You might need to trim the dial like the ARF dial?

Yep, this one would have to come home too if Noob made it like the others, with SA4130 and slim. Or like you said, find a good existing Noob host and mix and match parts.

ZsUkOJ.jpg

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Yep, this one would have to come home too if Noob made it like the others, with SA4130 and slim. Or like you said, find a good existing Noob host and mix and match parts.

ZsUkOJ.jpg
I think the more I look at it.. I don't like the noob style font bezel..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think the more I look at it.. I don't like the noob style font bezel..

Haha bro, there's always something not quite the way we like it. I wish Noob would make the Barichello. I REALLY love that piece. I finally committed to buying the DHGATE quartz 41mm abomination version and now I can't find a listing for it anymore.

ZsUJpc.jpg

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Haha bro, there's always something not quite the way we like it. I wish Noob would make the Barichello. I REALLY love that piece. I finally committed to buying the DHGATE quartz 41mm abomination version and now I can't find a listing for it anymore.

ZsUJpc.jpg
Me too bro.. Skeletonised 4130 will be my End Game haha. I got the VRF Pirlo and I really like it. Rumour has it that ABD is working on the skeletonised 4130 (you can see it in his Insta with various dials). I won't be surprised if Noob will work on it later on when they want to milk the 4130 as much as they can (can't blame them). I think the issue will be the price, judging with this release it is not cheap when people can say a FC AP diver is roughly the same as as a SS one, how DO noob price this at over 200+ USD premium?

At the moment noob has the exclusivity of the 4130 of which of all of us favours, so I guess we don't have much choice..

Reactions: lotavio and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
how DO noob price this at over 200+ USD premium?

Noob is unscrupulous when it comes to price gouging. The V11 BLRO GMTs are still priced $200 more than the BLNR and LN counterparts AND the BLROs still have the 2824 CHS timebomb movements while the others have the VR3185. It's a double middle finger, all because of their exclusive BLRO insert.

Last edited:

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
I agree that Noob prices are way higher BUT look at it like this. $800 is a lot in the rep world, but not even a spec of dust in the overall watch world. I said it before and I’ll say it again, where else can you get a fully carbon case with a working automatic chronograph for just $800? I think (and I could be wrong), the cheapest swiss in house chronographs are from Maurice LaCroix and Ball. Maybe Tag as well. Those start at around $3000. Those are not carbon and are THICC. Might even be hand wound mot automatic. Of course gen is gen but honestly I don’t mind the increasing prices in the rep world if the innovation is there. Now if we have to pay $800 for the same subs we already buy then thats an issue. But paying close to or even more than 4 digits for reliable custom movements and innovative designs, I’m all for it.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I agree that Noob prices are way higher BUT look at it like this. $800 is a lot in the rep world, but not even a spec of dust in the overall watch world. I said it before and I’ll say it again, where else can you get a fully carbon case with a working automatic chronograph for just $800? I think (and I could be wrong), the cheapest swiss in house chronographs are from Maurice LaCroix and Ball. Maybe Tag as well. Those start at around $3000. Those are not carbon and are THICC. Might even be hand wound mot automatic. Of course gen is gen but honestly I don’t mind the increasing prices in the rep world if the innovation is there. Now if we have to pay $800 for the same subs we already buy then thats an issue. But paying close to or even more than 4 digits for reliable custom movements and innovative designs, I’m all for it.

Well.. The other side of the argument is, OMF and WWF version are around $460ish mark with A7750, so whack an ETA 7750 on there and you can have it a Swiss Chrono for less than $800 if you have to be Swiss...

The Gen argument is a bit hard to compare with when rep factories have different overheads. Rep watches beats value for money for kickstarter projects as that's a bench mark in the "mass markets" with value for money..well at least they try to argue about it anyway...

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Well.. The other side of the argument is, OMF and WWF version are around $460ish mark with A7750, so whack an ETA 7750 on there and you can have it a Swiss Chrono for less than $800 if you have to be Swiss...

The Gen argument is a bit hard to compare with when rep factories have different overheads. Rep watches beats value for money for kickstarter projects as that's a bench mark in the "mass markets" with value for money..well at least they try to argue about it anyway...

Thats true. But they are pretty thick and not available with Carbon or Meteorite. But yes there are even cheaper alternatives available.