• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yesterday was a good day...111f and an 029b

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
So there was a last minute SoCal G2G yesterday... The original purpose was for me to pick up a 111f from my budy Csquared. When I arrived at the location, I was very pleasantly surprised to see CC and his wife. Our fearless leader LOS soon arrived and minutes later Robert and his two sons strolled in with Csquared.

There was some new deliveries (freshly delivered), some incredibly modded watches, and great conversation. I was able to pick up my new 111f and what I think is an incredible old skool 029b.
I am absolutely in love with the dial on the 029b and the blued hands REALLY show off nicely.

This is the very first replica Panerai that I have found that had absolutely no QC issues at all. No dust under the crystal, no fingerprints on the hands, the screws fit incredibly... They extend all the way to the case edge on both sides. Today I threw together a really soft black leather strap with electric blue stitching that matches the hands pretty well. Of course this will be worn on the rubber strap when deployed, but its a classy look until then.

The 111f is something I was rather surprised with. Its marketed as "the best 111f" and after checking out the movement, I have to say its about the nicest engraved movement Ive seen. Check out the crown on the 111f... Ive never seen one this thick before on a replica.

Thank you to Csquared and Robert for letting go of a couple fine watches. They will be going along with me on my deployment.

NOW, I would also like to take a moment to thank my good friend Coldi. I received a very well thought out Christmas gift from him this week. He shipped me a Leatherman Skeletool. After all my time in the USMC and traveling, I have never had one of these... and for the life of me, Im not quite sure why.
The two things that I am most impressed with on this tool is the skeletonized body which is nice and light and the carabiner that allows it to be clipped on to my vest instead of being worn in a holder or in a pocket. It will fit perfectly on the upper left side of my vest!
Thank you for an incredible gift that will surely get alot of use over the next year. I appreciate your friendship and kindness more than you know Coldi!
Now here are some pics...
dscn5207.jpg

dscn5214.jpg

dscn5215v.jpg

dscn5217.jpg

dscn5220.jpg

dscn5222.jpg

dscn5223t.jpg

dscn5225g.jpg

dscn5228i.jpg

dscn5230c.jpg

dscn5234e.jpg

aganthorp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/09
I have never really been a PAM fan but I really like the 029b you have there. Congratulations on the two excellent pickups, wear them in good health while you are away!

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Very nice mate! You wear them in good health and for a long time.

Coldi> glad you finally figured out what to get T. Very very good idea.
cheers

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
mmm.... looks like Santa comes early this year.
Congrats CBR.

btw I like better the old avatar...lol

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
sounds like you had an awesome weekend CBR! great looking watches you got there. wear them in good health mate :)

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Very nice, T.

I like the 029, also. Guess a GMT is on my list now.

And props to Coldi. Nice touch. And since Leatherman is a local outfit, thanks for your support!

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Nice looking watches brother! That crown is thick!!! Wear them well.

Oh nice leather man ;)

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Nice looking watches brother! That crown is thick!!! Wear them well.

Oh nice leatherman ;)

Drulee

Renowned Member
7/5/09
I have to admit there is something about the 029 that makes it the only non-seconds at 9 PAM I like. And now that I see the hands are blued like the ones on my 172 and 192, I like it even more :)

Great pair of watches there, and I know what you mean about the movement in the 111f. I just bought one, which I was going to cannibalize for the case and movement (since it had an H series back). But they look so nice, I'm on the hunt now for an F series display back, so I can keep it as is :)

I have to admit there is something about the 029 that makes it the only non-seconds at 9 PAM I like. And now that I see the hands are blued like the ones on my 172 and 192, I like it even more :)

Great pair of watches there, and I know what you mean about the movement in the 111f. I just bought one, which I was going to cannibalize for the case and movement (since it had an H series back). But they look so nice, I'm on the hunt now for an F series display back, so I can keep it as is :)

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
Drulee, I just checked my case back and it does have the F series case back... Shoot a PM off to Csquared and ask where he ordered this one from. Maybe he can get you the case back.
T

Drulee

Renowned Member
7/5/09
Thanks for the info. I know a few dealers sold their 111Fs with the F series back, but none of them sell the parts separately. I'll try Csquared though.

pedecter

6/4/09
Two spectacular examples. I own neither ATM but obviously I need to re-think.

russtang

14/8/06
Nice watches! Love the blue hands and blue stitching on that strap.

And don't forget that carabiner is also a bottle opener. Cheers!

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I think the 029b is my new grail watch. The blue hands give me a chubby. :screwed:

DonBrizzel

Banned
10/8/09
Very nice looking watches! I know I don't have to tell you to wear them well! :)

My hat is off to COLDI as well. Very nice gesture, you are indeed a good man C.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
anyone with an opinion on the Clones watch? is it just a description of what you want (compared to what you'll get)?