• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Paneristi worried about celeb wearing fake Panerai

vbarrett

24/6/07
Re: Paneristis worried about celeb wearing fake Panerai

leftydna said:
I guess Paneristis got tired of picking on those posting reps on their forum and are now going after celebs wearing rep Panerais. In this case it was Joe Montana, who we call all be pretty sure could afford a few gens.

Hilarious. In the first link one of the persons who replied incredulously is someone whose login ID I recognise from another rep forum.

Sure, it's possible that there are two people in a gen and a rep forum with the exact same ID, but I don't think so. I especially love the way he sounds as if someone hit him in the gut about learning that Montana was wearing a rep.

Uh, hello, I wanted to say. Weren't you wearing one too, until recently? ;)

I will buy a gen PAM one day. But as God is my witness, I won't be a snob about it, and disown you all in rep forums. Might keep it a little on the d/l, though, but that's it! :)

leftydna

Known Member
7/10/06
Paneristi yell "Say it ain't so Joe!"

Joe joins RWIers and shows off his Pam REP

welcome2RWIJoe.jpg

sexybeast

I'm Pretty Popular
12/8/06
joe could probably buy 90% of those lame duck paneristi's. point is it's just a watch wear it in good health or keep it locked in a safe and live your life as an agoraphobic.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
Who is Joe Montana? Pardon me for this question, but I'm not from USA.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Yeah that was exactly what I said when I saw that thread over on Risti, big deal, who cares what a, retired, NFL player is wearing on his wrist, what a waste of time.

romeo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
seraphe said:

He is one of the best quarterbacks is American Football history. Should have PLENTY of money to by quite a few gens IF he wants to.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
romeo said:
seraphe said:

He is one of the best quarterbacks is American Football history. Should have PLENTY of money to by quite a few gens IF he wants to.

So what's the debate? He's rich and not buying gens so he's hurting the risti's feelings?

Veratio

13/3/07

vbarrett said:
Hilarious. In the first link one of the persons who replied incredulously is someone whose login ID I recognise from another rep forum.

Sure, it's possible that there are two people in a gen and a rep forum with the exact same ID, but I don't think so. I especially love the way he sounds as if someone hit him in the gut about learning that Montana was wearing a rep.

An odd remark. I frequent watchforums all over, and I always log in using the same name. I started coming here just a few months ago. I have owned alot of "real" watches including Panerai and Rolex, and I still own a few "real" ones.

If I had a few million dollars laying around, I would never even consider a replica. But since I don´t, and my appetite for watches is greater than my budget, I strayed to the dark side.

Take care,

Niclas from Sweden

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
Hell, I use the same ID on TimeZone and on many other forums not watch related. I keep my rep discussions strictly within RG/RWI. You will never see me post my rep Pams on any other forums other than rep forums and I will never try to sell my reps and pass them off as gens as many f*ckin scumbags do....

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
I think this was more of a fault to the wardrobe person. I doubt he owns the clothes in that picture, much less the accessories. They probably wanted to make the shot more manly so they got him a bigger watch. Actors and models do this all the time.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
It's a prop, anyway....

No one outside of rep world/nerasti will recognize the watch.

Even if they do, they will never know if it's fake or real.

frogman

31/10/06

vbarrett said:
leftydna said:
I guess Paneristis got tired of picking on those posting reps on their forum and are now going after celebs wearing rep Panerais. In this case it was Joe Montana, who we call all be pretty sure could afford a few gens.

I will buy a gen PAM one day. But as God is my witness, I won't be a snob about it, and disown you all in rep forums. Might keep it a little on the d/l, though, but that's it! :)

vbarrett, You crack me up! I bet you are a good drinking buddy...LOL

redbird

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/07
Interesting

I think the guy that said it was likely given to him by the stylist is right on. I definitely don't understand the people that came back and was like "he should have known the difference!". Have they ever SEEN rep pams? I have a few in-laws that have gens and they had no idea mine was a rep until I told them. This is after they handled it and checked out the back. You'd have to know what you were looking for to spot a rep and I'm pretty sure Joe (and 99.9999999999999999999% of the world) neither knows nor cares.

Makes me wonder if the PAM in the JCrew catalog is a rep as well... Anyone?

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Bottom line: it's just a watch.

Like the design, don't want to pay big bucks: rep is fine. Like authenticity, want to pay the big price: enjoy your gen.

With watches, it all comes down to looks, so a rep collector and a Panerista whose 1950's are 99.99999% identical to each other have good taste. I don't believe that the PAM fanboys hate reps so much just because 'genuine Panerai watches are better'. They really aren't that much better physically, they just cost more. So I believe a part of their grudge is the fact that some people basically have the same thing as they do, but for a lot less money.

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
Just reading the posts on those network54 links makes me feel like I'm spending too much time here.

Big deal. It's just a prop from the photog's wardrobe crew; poor bastard didin't know the difference, or didn't care. Only true watch-nerds would raise such a shit storm over something so ridiculous.

Btw, the Lady Liberty pic out the window is just a prop too.

Thank God for the over-reacting losers who take this shit too seriously, to remind the rest of us how to not act like a complete social retard. :)