• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Chrono and Terminator 3

road rash

20/12/06
Lol. I am watching The Terminator 3 tonight in between reading about watches on my laptop online. Anyway here is the scene:
Arnold goes back in time. He is naked and goes into a male strip joint to get his clothes. Walks out of the bar/club and steals a beat up old jeep or ford truck. Before putting the car into drive he pulls down the sun visor on the truck to 'look for the keys'. What drops out? Not a set of the assumed keys but what looks like an AP Chrono with a black leather strap. Arnold immediately puts on the watch.
The funny part is a year ago, I never would have know what that watch was but thanks to this forum I have a bit of knowledge. The reason I laughed is the fact that the truck was probably worth allot less than the AP chrono that just happened to be stuffed above the sun visor.
Watch humor I guess? :D

Panama

10/9/06
Yes man, I watched T3 a few days ago, and I was laughing about this scene too,
its just funny (if you know the watch`s price, yeah...)

Cheers
Panama

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Was thinking the same thing, but didn't he throw it out the window I thought? I saw that and went online and they made a special edition one for the movie.

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
He hee
I've been looking at that thing for the last month, trying to decide if it's the most contrived, cobbled-together bit of piffle I've yet seen, or if it's not too bad and truly unique after all. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all, and I'm still eyeing it.
Hmmm...
:?

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
the best thing....Arnold gets any watch he wants for free....no, no reps....gen Audemars, because they kiss his ass and he wears them whenever..... easy as that...if you are loaded with money.....and famous, you get the nice stuff .....for free.
sad enough !!

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
horologie_unitas said:
the best thing....Arnold gets any watch he wants for free....no, no reps....gen Audemars, because they kiss his ass and he wears them whenever..... easy as that...if you are loaded with money.....and famous, you get the nice stuff .....for free.
sad enough !!

The rich gets richer.. sigh.. some day... some day

ratchpot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06
horologie_unitas said:
sad enough !!
Jealous?

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
BurgerFlaggen said:
He hee
I've been looking at that thing for the last month, trying to decide if it's the most contrived, cobbled-together bit of piffle I've yet seen, or if it's not too bad and truly unique after all. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all, and I'm still eyeing it.
Hmmm...
:?
A heads up...If you buy one make sure you don't pay a lot...The case on mine is plated brass!!...Luckily I got mine for a pittance... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
frankt8242 said:
A heads up...If you buy one make sure you don't pay a lot...The case on mine is plated brass!!...Luckily I got mine for a pittance... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oy!
I guess I'll be skipping that one for now. :(
I wear my watches, and it won't do to have the stainless steel wiping off...

Thanks for the heads up! 8)