• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This stuff is NOT AR coating

17jewels

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/06
When you're making sapphire from scratch (aluminium oxide - Al2O3), you only get impurities if you add them yourself. There's no real grading issue when you just basically burn (well, flame fusion/Verneuil process) Aluminium to make it. You start with pure Aluminium and fire. You end up with a boule of sapphire.

I take it that this is synthetic sapphire--making it from scratch. Is the verneuli process like the birch reduction :?: :lol:

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
17jewels said:
I take it that this is synthetic sapphire--making it from scratch. Is the verneuli process like the birch reduction :?: :lol:
Birch reduction requires agents, whereas the Verneuil process just requires heat, and a lot of it.

And yes, this is Synthetic Sapphire, but not what all dealers refer to as Synthetic Sapphire (but I digress).

17jewels

4/12/06
Pugwash said:
17jewels said:
Birch reduction requires agents, whereas the Verneuil process just requires heat, and a lot of it.

And yes, this is Synthetic Sapphire, but not what all dealers refer to as Synthetic Sapphire (but I digress).

And the birch reduction if done in approriate fashion and style requires a lot of agents :D I am familiar with the Verneuil process. I have a degree in Chemistry and Physics :lol:

hwrdpaula

24/11/06
As aphotogapher i can tell you even watches with AR can display various hues depending on angle and light source when photograhed. Those with good AR if photographed straight on will have glare unless certain filters are utilized. :!:

17jewels

4/12/06
hwrdpaula said:
As aphotogapher i can tell you even watches with AR can display various hues depending on angle and light source when photograhed. Those with good AR if photographed straight on will have glare unless certain filters are utilized. :!:

Filters such as a polarizer! Also, you can try and use yellow filter to take the bluish hue out and bring out the white hands of your watch. A red filter would in theory make the dial darker. Little things like that. I do agree.

-17j-

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
grape jello vs. grape jelly...

big difference....

sheet jelly or grape jelly...

over easy or

sunny side up!

migod! we have an insurrection revolution right here

in river city??

Coffee filters!!

any filters, the lighting, and hands across the nations...

grape stained AR stained and jelly stained!!!

However, do not worry, help is on the way!

We have contacted Chicken Little...

he has got a bowl of chicken littel soup ready...

is all got to do with optics, he said, and he also said if you have

the big bucks.. well, you can buy at the AD.. and listen to what they

have to say... they say it takes a year to apply AR... and when they

apply AR, it all looks good... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

so just bring $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

an u will all be good!

No need to argooo or comp plane... becoz all is gluey oooey shhets of

grap jelly and apple goo and grape stuffs!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
now that is just damn funny. :lol:

grape jelly and strawberry jello for me thank you.lol 8)

craytonic

21/3/06
It seems like AR coating to me. If I wear a rep w/o AR coating out in the sun it will reflect like crazy. Can see it moving around walls, etc. If I wear a rep w/ the AR coating this does not happen.

Call me crazy, and you guys know the details here which I don't on this one, but it at least appears to be AR to me, particularly when compared w/ non-ar watch, to the point I now will almost not wear a non-coated one if I will be in the sun. Could just be voices in my head though.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Most of time

I listen

to voices in head...

have not steered me wrong yet....

luisik

20/3/06
don't worry about the blue reflections anymore, guys. I glued a yellow cellophane on my 196 and works perfectly, although now i almost can't see the time. Will post pics when improve the technic.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
luisik said:
don't worry about the blue reflections anymore, guys. I glued a yellow cellophane on my 196 and works perfectly, although now i almost can't see the time. Will post pics when improve the technic.

LOL ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
17jewels said:
Filters such as a polarizer! Also, you can try and use yellow filter to take the bluish hue out and bring out the white hands of your watch. A red filter would in theory make the dial darker. Little things like that. I do agree.
A Polariser is the only filter one would need in Watch Photography. Everything else can be done in post-processing.:D

Sure, do as much in the lens as possible, I'm all for that, but colour filters or gradated/star pattern/whatever? It's too much work, unless you're being paid. :?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Lightbox will make it awesome too I think. Time for me to make one.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
Lightbox will make it awesome too I think. Time for me to make one.

Simple one:
lightbox.jpg

Does this:
new-navi-04.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You have tutorial on that one Pug? Perhaps time for me to visit DIY store.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
You have tutorial on that one Pug? Perhaps time for me to visit DIY store.
DIY store? This is a supermarket one. :D

I'll do a tutorial for you today.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Great! I don't have lamp too (not even desk lamp). It;s all fixed flourescent.

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
17jewels said:
hwrdpaula said:

-17j-

Just use Adobe CS2 :) As for the debate: some gens do have a bluish AR hue very deliberately; the PO , for e.g., is heavily marketed on this (see latest TV ad running on CNBC).