• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Diver dial, hands, and movement for sale on the 'bay (pics)

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Hey guys, wanna blow 6 grand on a full set of diver guts? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-A...P-Diver-Dial-Hand-with-Movement-/261893390116

A74rLpb.jpg

uGPiDa9.jpg

TintUuJ.jpg

OJfaVuv.jpg

qCnoyVK.jpg

IkQOEHx.jpg

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Really tempting to get that and pair it up with the new 15710 case...

shaugn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/09
Tempting but it's not exactly chump change... Also I'd be slightly concerned on the availability of spares if needed in future, not to mention finding a watch smith who can work on it.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Good find! But nope, I'd rather save that to get a gen Batman. Hehe.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Tempting but it's not exactly chump change... Also I'd be slightly concerned on the availability of spares if needed in future, not to mention finding a watch smith who can work on it.

Yep, that's why i'll stick to ETAs and older AP movements for the time being. Might as well just buy two franken ROOs for this money. AP has put a lot of effort into making an esoteric movement only they can service, which looks cool but is unreliable without said servicing.

shaugn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/09
Yep, that's why i'll stick to ETAs and older AP movements for the time being. Might as well just buy two franken ROOs for this money. AP has put a lot of effort into making an esoteric movement only they can service, which looks cool but is unreliable without said servicing.

Agreed... Plus, to put it into a stainless steel diver donor wouldn't be much 'bang for your buck'. I'd go ceramic or FC, though it'd be a fantasy watch. Wouldn't mind picking up the dial and hands alone though. Anyone want the movement? Hehe...

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I would love to take apart that movement. I recently took apart a Patek movement. It was so much more fun than these Asian movements.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Wow! That's something you don't see very often, but at this price point I think the $ would be well spent elsewhere. Thanks for sharing the find nonetheless!

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Is that movement fits the 15400 case?

OSX

Renowned Member
19/12/10
Thx bro, somebody can make 2 frankens ;)

I reckon the asking price makes it beyond franken... almost 6K and you dont even have a tachy ring. I'm sure he will be taking offers at some point in the future.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I reckon the asking price makes it beyond franken... almost 6K and you dont even have a tachy ring. I'm sure he will be taking offers at some point in the future.
Sure... Get it and I'll give you my Gen 15400 dial :callme: