• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Day Date 2 Date wheel stuck?

TheMagicTractor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/14
Hey guys

My first ever rep watch purchase arrived today from pure-time.com, I ordered the YG Day Date 2 with a black wavy dial, and I am seriously impressed with how it looks, everything seems to be correct with it and the movement sweeps very nicely. It also keeps time great and I havent encountered any issues other then this one, the date will not move. It's just stuck between 23 and 24. The day will move just fine (pull the crown out once and rotating counter clockwise advances the day, rotating it clockwise does nothing in regards to the date, its just stuck there)

This wasn't exactly a cheap watch and I'm curious to see if this is just a quick thing that a watchmaker could fix up for me in 30 minutes for under 30 bucks or is the whole watch broken or something? Every other function seems to work great and the watch is really nice so i'de hate for this to be something to do with the movement being broken or something.

I took it to a jeweller today to get some links removed and asked him, he said he wasn't going to try take it apart because he did not have the tools for Rolexes (he was pretty surprised when I pulled it out of my shirt pocket haha) but directed me to a watchmaker who he said could fix it, but they were closed by the time I got to them.

I figured i'de ask RWI, is this a serious issue?

Here's a photo of what i'm talking about

http://i.imgur.com/hprZ33d.jpg

And here's some nice watch candy photography of it on my wrist

http://i.imgur.com/ywBJUXR.jpg

The link I purchased this watch from

http://pure-time.com/product/day-date-ii-yellow-gold-black-numeral-dial-a3156-best-edition/

And I got the 2836 modified movement because there was no standard 2836 movement in stock.

Please help!

Thanks

Laz730

Known Member
5/12/14
This same exact problem happened to one of my DayDate II's and I don't know what to do either!

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
When you try to rotate the date is there any sound, clicking etc

TheMagicTractor

6/8/14
No, no sound at all, it just refuses to switch and the little white date window opens and closes, while the date remains stuck between 23 and 24.

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
No, no sound at all, it just refuses to switch and the little white date window opens and closes, while the date remains stuck between 23 and 24.
Hi bud, I'm no expert but I've stripped, serviced & rebuilt a few of these. Maybe others will chime in, but should be an easy fix for your watchsmith. Either there's an issue with the keyless or the calendar ring has jumped out of its track.

TheMagicTractor

6/8/14
Sadly no watchsmith I went to wants to deal with it because its fake, and the only one that did gave me a quote of $200 because they thought it was real and clearly figured since I have a "28k rolex" that I can afford to spend 200 on a "service"

I'm going to contact an aussie smith here on RWI and get it done, thank you.

Can you tell me, is it a difficult process? Could someone with a bit of skill get it done in like under an hour?

anon10500

19/8/14
mine does not switch date perfectly either, there seems to be friction so when it is midnight, the date switch is half assed

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
Sadly no watchsmith I went to wants to deal with it because its fake, and the only one that did gave me a quote of $200 because they thought it was real and clearly figured since I have a "28k rolex" that I can afford to spend 200 on a "service"

I'm going to contact an aussie smith here on RWI and get it done, thank you.

Can you tell me, is it a difficult process? Could someone with a bit of skill get it done in like under an hour?
Yes should be quite simple. Remove from case, remove hands, remove dial & any watchsmith should be able to see the problem. Easily done within an hour.

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
mine does not switch date perfectly either, there seems to be friction so when it is midnight, the date switch is half assed
Again I'm no expert, but it could be the date unlocking yoke spring has shifted & stopped tension on the unlocking yoke.
Alternative the calendar wheel may not be seated correctly. Others with more knowledge may be able diagnose a little better.

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
This happened to me the day i got my GMT Master II. I dint know how to set the Gmt time, and in the time i could look it up, my friend snatched it from my hand and turned the crown vigorously while it was in the Date/Gmt position. ended up getting the date wheel stuck. I took it to the nearby mall, everyone refused to work on it since it was a replica and it was not worth the time.
At last i found a place who charged me $120 and their watchmaker opened the watch and said some spring or whatever related to the date wheel broke so he replaced it and fixed it. Only disappointment and sad thing was when i received my brand-new watch back the bracelet was scratched the hour hand has few scratches and dial had dust particles. I am guessing this was due to carelessness of the watch maker since i told him it was a rep, so he couldn't care for it.

Hope this could help. Just try nearby mall and hopefully it can get fixed :) Just tell them to be careful.

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
I am thinking about buying a Daydate rolex replica versus a daydate hommage and posts like these really make me think twice.

You did everything right, bought from a TD and still you have problems like these, here in Germany I doubt I could ever find a watchsmith who would repair replicas.

BTW, this is one of the most beautiful Daydate reps I have seen, I was even thinking about buying this model myself after I saw your post on reddit!

Could it be the cyclops is a little misaligned btw? Oh and does it have lume applied and glow in the dark?