• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Little Prince?

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
I completely agree.. the colour is what makes the watch the "Le Petit Prince" special edition! It is the most distinguishing factor of the watch and it was THE MOST important thing for the maker to get right. It doesn't take anything away from this being a beautiful watch... its just not what we were expecting. Its not what I wanted to buy.

I'm with you in this. Once you try on the gen you can't mistake that blue sunburst. It really is a nice looking rep in general, but too purple for me. Hopefully the "v2" will remedy this (if they bother to!)

I'll have to own the gen one day I suppose [emoji38]

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
You mean this dial in the picture is too purple compared to the gen dial?

i-FKHmN7X-XL.jpg

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
You really had to turn it into this angle to be happy with the dial colour? ... SCNR !!! Seriously, it looks fantastic.

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Higgins, I think that blue gator Jacob strap would fit nicely on the Petite Prince.
Hint hint...:eek:hwell:

My plan is to put the 3777 on Kevlar and the Petit Prince on the Blue gator:)
I'v seen a lot of gen's at my local AD and I like the Petit Prince but I'm not blowm away by it... not just yet. I need to do more window shopping first.

Greetz!

rhc22

26/11/11
Well mine arrived today, sent Tuesday from HK arrived Thursday UK. Pretty good!
So here are some images against a gen laureus dial. Not sure if the laureus is the same hue as the gen PP but a comparison anyway.
So the PP dial is more on the purple side of the spectrum but only really shows in some lights. You can see the starburst is not as strong but still ok. These dials reflect light in different ways so sometimes look dark, flat or sunburst. On the wrist it looks very nice. Possibly some of this is down to the stronger than gen tint of the AR, the laureus has a gen crystal and has a very good clarity.
All in the dial could be better but in real life is still very nice. The strap is very nice, doubt I'll buy a gen as this is easily good enough. Buckle is very good also. Case wise is very close to my gen 3777 with only minor differences that are not really worth mentioning so I'm not going to. The date changes at midnight but the day about 1.30 so will get round to fixing that at some stage maybe.
I definitely have no regrets in buying this. If you want a perfect reproduction of the dial it is not quite there but if you want a really good rep of the PP then I would not hold back.
0f11fff9a35a259e96b38813093e0994.jpg

This image above makes it look more 'purple' than is seen with the naked eye
f2c97d2f2771da358cdbd736a19cfe37.jpg
aa3ef6ada50a38b7a4be8c4f187a3cd9.jpg

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Well mine arrived today, sent Tuesday from HK arrived Thursday UK. Pretty good!
So here are some images against a gen laureus dial. Not sure if the laureus is the same hue as the gen PP but a comparison anyway.
So the PP dial is more on the purple side of the spectrum but only really shows in some lights. You can see the starburst is not as strong but still ok. These dials reflect light in different ways so sometimes look dark, flat or sunburst. On the wrist it looks very nice. Possibly some of this is down to the stronger than gen tint of the AR, the laureus has a gen crystal and has a very good clarity.
All in the dial could be better but in real life is still very nice. The strap is very nice, doubt I'll buy a gen as this is easily good enough. Buckle is very good also. Case wise is very close to my gen 3777 with only minor differences that are not really worth mentioning so I'm not going to. The date changes at midnight but the day about 1.30 so will get round to fixing that at some stage maybe.
I definitely have no regrets in buying this. If you want a perfect reproduction of the dial it is not quite there but if you want a really good rep of the PP then I would not hold back.

Thank you for posting these. You can see how well the subdials match the dial in the last two pics. But alas, you are right regarding the purple side of things. Still very good looking.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I'm sorry but as I see on the last pics from rhc22 this dial is blue - not purple. Am I colorblind?

BTW: the pic with the purple dial I showed some posts above - is a gen dial!

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Higginsd, (no offense), look at your own picture from page 2. Dont tell me u dont see a difference in the dial colour. The rep is more purple than the gen, thats a fact. But it still looks great. So guys, enjoy your pp and ty for sharing.

Davidms12

Known Member
13/11/14
Canada/US
I'll be happy with mine when I get it. I for one will not be running into people who will say "hey shouldn't that dial have a little more blue hue to it than purple?"

jg1281

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
Listen, if you guys want it... buy it. Its a beautiful watch. But like MANY of you said on previous pages (pages 2,3, 4) the accuracy of the dial colour is important... its just a simple fact that the dial is the wrong colour. Sorry, but it is.

Now, if you can live with it, then by all means go get it and enjoy! If you can't, dont get it. Im in the second camp. I wont knock anyone else for getting it, but personally, i'd rather spend my $400 on a more accurate rep (for my own peace of mind).

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ Dont worry about anyone else mate. Your still new here. In my whole time here...........only 1 time over 4-5 years has anyone EVER commented on my watch. No1 cares mate. 99% of the population and out of the remaining 1% they wouldnt know the specifics of this watch.

Davidms12

Known Member
13/11/14
Canada/US
I don't buy and wear watches for other ppl anyway. I buy them because I love them. So if the colour is slightly off I'm ok with that :)

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ Thats how its meant to be. Your own pleasure. Enjoy your watches in good health mate

jg1281

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
I don't buy and wear watches for other ppl anyway. I buy them because I love them. So if the colour is slightly off I'm ok with that :)

Yup im the same. Im buying it for myself, so for me, the colour being slightly off is important. To each their own.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I agree with everybody. Especially that nobody will notice it. But I dont buy it because its slightly off, but because I dont like the color. But thats just me. Enjoy it !

rhc22

26/11/11
810ba3762e3ef798b0e4a72e1e468988.jpg

6380985d6ec47e4683e24390576029ea.jpg

Daylight images.
Actually these don't capture the blueness of the dial. In hand the dial looks very close to gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
If the dial color is really off (I don't have my PP yet, it's on the way) and I'm pi**ed by that, then I'll take the money and give Scott from Scotchwatch the order to source a gen PP dial. I'm shure he will charge me $800-1000, but ok...

If it is like on the pics I saw until now, I'm ok with the color (because I still think the dial's color is only influenced by the angle and the surrounding or ambient lights) and will only change the movement to a gen 79320. Makes no sense to change the crystals, because I have a gen crystal and a rep crystal at home. Directly compared there is nearly no difference in the AR and the color.

Gen on right: