• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stingray bracelet to wear with your AP

Doc0005

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/11/13
Now, I also happen to own 1 rep stingHD (bought onw initially to test the difference before I got the gen) The rep stinghd is shown in the below bracelet. Basically the leather feels a lot cheaper and coarse on the rep, and does not shine out as much as the gen. The metallic part for both gen and rep I'd say its the same, although the metal parts on the rep is sized a little smaller than the gen. Overall, the rep is good enough for most I would think.

0958949fc004eeede0cc6cccebd5e51d.jpg

Can you please take a picture also from claps side too?

Doc0005

INMATE
17/11/13
I have below stingray leather colors so far. My black is real black and "bling" all stingray cord as needed.

spacerpower

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/5/14
Looks top [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc0005

INMATE
17/11/13
81cd4e77a80ca9b9907307b9e1abe467.jpg

Heres my rep ap besude my gen stinghd for u guys

I just interested see claps side picture. Looks to me this gen snitched try to have round form, but wrist have eclipse form and basically what gen stingHD/pythonHD I had on my wrist looks awful on hand than I decided change claps design.
Currently I have 4th version of claps design and I know already I will make 5th claps design to feet bracelet as need.

Your black gen snitched not looks so polished more varnished.

Gen stingray leather without polish:

Polished stingray leather cord is below:

Doc0005

INMATE
17/11/13
Strive for perfection in everything I do.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Take the best that exist and make it better.[/COLOR]
When it does not exist design it.

In past 3.5 months design several bracelets. I have around 30 hand sketch too which is waiting for design.
I decided to make AP specific bracelet and "hash" style. I know all project take time for design, find relabel good material source, work out best technology for amazing quality, than start production and start come up challenges which need to be solved.
Some time need to rethink all from scratch. Material already used, new technology need to work out, maybe new design needed for maximum effect.

Just few bracelets what I designed. I have more:adoration:

yonggi

1/3/15
Comparison between a gen (black) and a rep (grey). Read below.

2aa74333c7013215a4490560bf7a70a7.jpg

The gen's leather cord sizing is a little smaller as compared to the gen. Been using the gen a little more but it still feels firm and holds its round shape. The rep have only been using it for a short time but it can no longer hold a good round shape anymore. Texture-wise, i suspect there is a coating on the gen over the cord, a spray or some sort perhaps. The feel of the gen is smooth. The rep feels coarse, a little sandpaper feel, uncomfortable to wear on tne wrist, although u dont notice the discomfort over time. Durability - Rep has broken apart 6 times in a month, had to superglue it back together. For gen, scuffs and dings from friction with watch, but has had no issues apart from that at all. My opinion - gen worth 700usd? No. But, yes it is WAY MORE better built than the rep. But to most of us, the rep is probably enough. ;) After all who is crazy like me to soend 700usd on a bracelet eh. Haha

yonggi

1/3/15
Not surprising that I am almost certain I have came across the factory in China that helps stinghd manufacture this bracelet. Amazing how the guys earn almost 95% profit on their selling price to us. Sadly the factory have refused to send to me a factory second to me, quoting me 300usd - which is ridiculous.

yonggi

1/3/15
Some photos of the back - about the same here I guess, gen "clicks" in a little better.
786edcde29fe0bc087bb3971eb519b93.jpg

yonggi

1/3/15
If u guys need any more input from me in this thread feel free to let me know.

Nick1980

13/2/14
If u guys need any more input from me in this thread feel free to let me know.

Could you make some more photos of gen 3-band bracelet (especially, the hardware) from different angles, placed it near ruler?

I'd like to order the custom rep from my jeweller, so, he needs dimensions and detailed photos.

Thank you in advance!

yonggi

1/3/15
Here's the rep sting for today. Notice how the cord closest to the watch curves/caved in with the slight pressure when I bend my wrist. I dont have this issue with the gen stinghd. Gen stays properly and hopes its shape well. Rep a tad bit more flimsy.
279edd8c1f56b27e7e4df297c9cde783.jpg

yonggi

1/3/15
This black gen skull head bracelet not looks good quality to me.

Sent from my iPhone 6G using Tapatalk
At least it lools better made than any rep currently, feels 100% more solid than the rep stinghd... so... haha...

yonggi

1/3/15
I just interested see claps side picture. Looks to me this gen snitched try to have round form, but wrist have eclipse form and basically what gen stingHD/pythonHD I had on my wrist looks awful on hand than I decided change claps design.
Currently I have 4th version of claps design and I know already I will make 5th claps design to feet bracelet as need.

Your black gen snitched not looks so polished more varnished.

Gen stingray leather without polish:

Polished stingray leather cord is below:

Don't entrely understand your english, but I get a rough idea of what you are trying to say. The fit is not absolutely perfect and enclosed round around my wrist. In fact, the rep fits closer to my skin. Sadly, the leather is quite bad so that screws it up.

As for your black colour, I look the colour of both side by side with mine after gettimg home. U probably need to work on finding some sort of agent or solution - I'm not entirely sure on this... to get a glossy yet stiffening outcome for the cord. Persobally for my gen, it does not and can not stretch to straight, has that slight stiffness to it, whereas I see you display your cords flat on your table.

Also, the black colour of yours is okay, but the texture of the snakeskin looks pretty bad to me, a little bit worse than my rep even....[emoji20]

Maybe try the above recommendation tk get it fixed and update us here, or soirce for alternate straps if ur not bent on using these. Cheers.

Doc0005

INMATE
17/11/13
Don't entrely understand your english, but I get a rough idea of what you are trying to say. The fit is not absolutely perfect and enclosed round around my wrist. In fact, the rep fits closer to my skin. Sadly, the leather is quite bad so that screws it up.

As for your black colour, I look the colour of both side by side with mine after gettimg home. U probably need to work on finding some sort of agent or solution - I'm not entirely sure on this... to get a glossy yet stiffening outcome for the cord. Persobally for my gen, it does not and can not stretch to straight, has that slight stiffness to it, whereas I see you display your cords flat on your table.

Also, the black colour of yours is okay, but the texture of the snakeskin looks pretty bad to me, a little bit worse than my rep even....[emoji20]

Maybe try the above recommendation tk get it fixed and update us here, or soirce for alternate straps if ur not vent on using these. Cheers.

I think we have 2 different idea and world about bracelets.
Polished and not polished stingray cords are different. Glossy is not mean polished:)

My wrist is not round. Maybe yours is round. Round bracelets fit Terrible and not looks good at all. I was asking you make picture of your bracelet with your watch from Palm side. I wonder how should look round tense cord.

I have similar cord too what you have say on you 'gen' bracelet. It's wrapped on very stiffish plastic. Such cord never will feet well.

You also say your rep cord break a parts 3 times / week and it's good enough for most of RWI folks. It's little offensive to me. I think people are looking for good quality for reasonable price.

Be honest i not want continue endless this with you because we have 2 completly different view of braclets.

Wear your bracelets in good health.

Doc0005

INMATE
17/11/13

Maybe try the above recommendation tk get it fixed and update us here, or soirce for alternate straps if ur not vent on using these. Cheers.

Stingray is fish not snake:)