• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

quick question about removing the strap on a radiomir...

ticktime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/12
so i have a radiomir homage, and removing the lugs is a major pain... mostly because one or 2 of the screw holes are always covered by the caseback (given that its an octogon).. so i basically need to remove the case back to remove the lugs.

also, on my homage, it seems like the screws/threads strip easily. Also when the strap pulls on the lugs a little, the lugs tend to loosen.

Are any of these a concern on the Radiomir reps? or is it just because my homage is crappy?

I am looking to pick up a radiomir rep but this always bugged me about my current homage.... i love how easy it is to swap a strap oon the Luminor.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I have a 388 KW V2 and they fixed the lug screws problem.

But the OPs problems are another thing entirely. :) If I get it, the holes for the screws holding the lugs is probably too close to the CB, hence it is getting in the way of removal.

To the OP, it is most likely the quality of the homage that ruins it for you. Many a Radiomir has been released starting two years ago. You can get a first class to super rep level PAM. :)

ticktime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/12
yes the cb gets in the way of the screw holes... so on the reps all the holes clear the cb completely? And no issue with the strength of the lugs i described? I assumed it was bc of the lower quality homage, but just wanted to make sure

thanks
:)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
yes the cb gets in the way of the screw holes... so on the reps all the holes clear the cb completely? And no issue with the strength of the lugs i described? I assumed it was bc of the lower quality homage, but just wanted to make sure

thanks
:)

Well on the recent and high end radiomir reps (since there may be low quality reps but I think even then this issue should not exist), it is almost assured. Checking the website or QC pictures would verify that.