• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I got mugged today and broke my tc v6 :(

D

d4m.test

Wow man, sounds rough. Defo get yourself checked out. You can sort out the watch later.

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
Thanks people for the concern and kind words I'm almost back to 100% now

Rolexday

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/3/15
Scary at least with a rep ur not loosing a ton of money

Cheese-fiend

Horology Curious
30/1/15
My clasp broke in exactly the same place - lost one rivet head and washer same as you. I took the strap off first and kept the watch head at home as I didn't want to leave a rep with the local jewellers. They put a new rivet in the same day for about £9. I didn't notice they had lost the other spacer/washer while fixing it, so the safety flip lock jiggles up and down when not fastened but that's only a minor annoyance. Should be a cheap job at any local place.

juryan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/15
I'm glad you're okay. I'm sure the mugger got his comeuppance when he tried to pawn it and was told it was worthless. He may have taken a beating himself for it.

juryan

12/1/15
BTW, if you live in an area where watches get lifted frequently, you can add this to the growing list of reasons why a rep makes sense! It's a bit of an 'in your face' to muggers and petty thieves everywhere!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I'm glad you're okay. I'm sure the mugger got his comeuppance when he tried to pawn it and was told it was worthless. He may have taken a beating himself for it.

You clearly didn't read the whole story, Are you trying to get your post count up?

As for the Victim, I'm glad your OK, If you lost consciousness at some point you need to see a Doctor immediately.

logistic

1/12/14
As for the Victim, I'm glad your OK, If you lost consciousness at some point you need to see a Doctor immediately.

Agreed i only slipped on ice and hit my head didnt think much of it started throwing up later that day turns out i had a concussion. Easier to get than you think. But im glad you and your watch are not any worse for wear. Good reminder come summer time our watches are more exposed. Seems like more and more people are trying to make a quick buck these days its a shame.

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
WP_20150321_21_16_24_Pro_zpsqzn4nxmn.jpg

My attempted fix, cut the head off of a pin and file the head smoother, used an old second hand I butchered for use as a washer, gob of locktite and jobs a good un... At least until I can afford a replacement from tc!

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
Just read back through this and just wana thank everyone for kind and helpful words! Kinda embarrassing now but s hit happens :) thanks RWI community!!

callejeros

6/4/11
Sorry to hear what happened to you, it happened to me a couple of year ago in Paris and finally decided to change the strap for a NATO