• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No Love for Sead/Supermirrors

mrrusty

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
15/3/14
Ok. So you are not happy with Sead. Deal with him. There was no need to bleat on like an old woman in such a public way. You have decided to bash a very highly respected TD here. Two wrongs do not make one right. Explain your problem to Sead ... He is so busy he probably doesn't realise he might owe you a couple of dollars.

We can all see you are disappointed but you will get over it if you can just calm down and accept the situation.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Perhaps he should have told you that he wouldn't ship via EMS before charging you. Mistakes happen.

But think of it this way, better to wait a little longer than have your watch stuck at customs or not delivered at all.

Sead is reasonable. I bought 4 watches from him. The first (IWC 3777) lost the chrono pusher and in my second order he gave me FREE delivery AND a whole pusher set replaced for free.

So I cannot agree with you that he is not trustworthy just because he made a decision regarding shipment method that you didn't agree with.

I know it's frustrating. Waiting always is. But it's not very fair to defame him so ruthlessly for this.

It's the rep game after all.

egroegart

1/7/13
A little lesson in reps for you since you are blatantly ignoring every single person here who all know better and k ow this is ridiculous is. Fast is not a word that coincides with buying a replica. I've waited 4 weeks. I've seen people wait months. It happens all the time. Take everyone that has responded in this thread and humble yourself a little. Trust me. We understand exactly what you are saying. But this is what happens. This is the hobby. If you can't deal with it without creating threads like this then this isn't the hobby for you. We all deal with it and you don't see us posting all about it and bashing the dealers. Get over it. Move on. Enjoy your watch. You did get a beautiful watch that functions and is what you ordered right? With minimal to no flaws? Then that's what we call a success and something we would be happy with instead of thrashing A good dealer. For having to wait a few more weeks.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Carlton has the right idea, I'm sure Sead will ship however you want, as long as you don't expect him to still reship if the watch gets seized. I know if it were me in Sead's position, and any customs losses basically came out of my pocket, I'd be damn sure to use the method that offered the greatest chance of initial success. It sucks you overpaid for shipping, and that you have to wait, we've all been there but honestly OP this thread seems completely out of line to me. Yes he made a mistake, humans do that sometimes, but telling everyone he doesn't deserve to be a TD here because of it isn't helping your cause any.

Here's my idea: Settle up on the $15 or whatever it is and buy from someone else from now on. Saves a headache on both ends, I'm sure.

mrrusty

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
15/3/14
Don't read it Thrasher, you'll just get upset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAFO

16/10/13
Ok, time to weigh in with a little dose of reality.

1. The TDs here, including Sead, are handling multiple transactions every day, sourcing watches, shipping watches, and responding to a gazillion "where is my watch??" emails every day. Every order is important, but holy hell these guys bust their asses to fulfill those orders and to respond to all the tire kickers and whiners who want their piece N O W!

2. Sometimes mistakes happen. You try juggling 37 packages in two days that all have to be shipped out to different countries all around the world AND keep all the tracking straight and send it to the buyers and handle 69 other emails while you're doing all that. Go ahead, give it a shot and see how easy it is. Trust me - it ain't. It's hard enough for me to handle it when I'm only shipping a dozen or so items at once.

3. You're going insane over 10 or 15 bucks and a couple weeks extra wait time. Really?? It's a friggin' watch - and a fake one at that. It's not like you dropped 20 grand on a gen whatever. Have a little patience and maybe find something else to do in the down time while you're waiting for your rep.

4. Hong Kong Post, China Airmail, EMS, Santy Claus's Sack: I've had items shipped by every one of those methods from China to the States and had wildly varying shipping times. One EMS took 3 friggin weeks, one EMS left China on a Thursday and was in my hands on Saturday, one HK Post got here so quick I couldn't believe it, another time it took almost a month. The point is there is NO guarantee ANY of these methods are gonna be fast. Or the same every single time. Order a watch and pay extra for DHL and see what happens. Oh once it gets on the big bird it's gonna get from one country to the other in less than 24 hours. But it's gonna be a little tiny box so it's not gonna get on the big bird for a while because that's how DHL works. You see what I'm saying here?

Ya know, some of the guys here really need to consider taking up a different hobby. Or just buy your reps locally. I see all these threads: oh my watch took too long to get here; OMG! I paid 500 bucks for a watch and it's not running right when I got it!!!; Holy Hell! My watch got seized by Customs - I want a new one for free!! And what's the result, usually? The Trusted Dealer in question winds up either giving the person a partial refund or a discount on a future order, or they have to take back a broken watch and give a full refund OR - and this is the one everybody needs to think about - they have to ship you a new watch because your illegal new toy got nicked by Customs in your country. Taking back broken (and most likely damaged in other ways) watches AND giving away a free replacement for a Customs seizure is the fastest way to lose money in this business. But the TDs, most times, do just that and still some of you guys piss and moan about the stupidest shit on the planet.

I've never bought a watch from Sead. But I guarantee you he would have tried to make the OP happy. It may have taken time, but I'm sure he would have eventually tried to work something out for his 10 to 15 bucks. But the reality is probably that he has been working like a mad man trying to get all squared away before CNY hit and fulfilling and shipping orders sometimes takes precedence over everything else.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Another aspect of this unusual hobby is that many have way too much time on their hands. A lot of you ( you know who you are) should be focused in on work, family matters, school any other hobbies etc. that might occupy your time a little more wisely. Order your watch from whichever TD you choose, then live your life and forget about it for awhile. We preach patience here, but it needs to be practiced if you want to play.

Webbie says that being patient is: "able to remain calm and not become annoyed when waiting for a long time or when dealing with problems or difficult people"

mrrusty

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
15/3/14
Perspective check ... It's just the one here and he's getting way more attention than he deserves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawker789

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/13
This is spot on. You need to order and to a certain degree, "forget about it". It's far too easy for this hobby to get too time consuming.

P.s. Sead is excellent. Despite sometimes people say he is "slow" to respond, he is one of the most respected dealers and I can't begin to imagine how many packages he is handling each day. If it bothers you that much, go buy a Seiko from a shop for instant gratification.

Another aspect of this unusual hobby is that many have way too much time on their hands. A lot of you ( you know who you are) should be focused in on work, family matters, school any other hobbies etc. that might occupy your time a little more wisely. Order your watch from whichever TD you choose, then live your life and forget about it for awhile. We preach patience here, but it needs to be practiced if you want to play.

Webbie says that being patient is: "able to remain calm and not become annoyed when waiting for a long time or when dealing with problems or difficult people"

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
I don't ship to Russia but OP is going on do not buy/sell to list regardless !

ghosty999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/14
GVLN I'm sorry your black market watch delivery service isn't up to scratch, next time you pirate music or buy some weed make sure it also meets the GVLN black market trading standards

seeaye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/11
My r/v of my first purchase with sead.
Payment sent Feb 9
Watch in hands (Aus) Feb 16
I can confirm on website that he shipped within hours of receiving payment. I think that's pretty good.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania and all these ex Soviet countries has a bunch of thieves as postmen there and no matter how I send most of the packages just disappear. I have tried EU shipment also and if delivered expect big delays. I understand your frustration not having the watch but calm down, this is not the way how you do it.

Like I said, The USSR. X maybe but still. Well said GGB, you a dealer NOW :p

sead1999

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
28/2/07
first i apologize for delay
just had to take couple days off during this holiday....
but i think u all understand that

as of u not buying from me thats is not a problem at all and i wont sell to u anymore put at this way

second im the one who picks the shipping not u, i can give u option of this or that shipping if both methods are safe
in this case u chose the of ems by saying i used it last time, i did say ok even tho i didnt remember so and even so that i ship all packages to eastern europe with hk registered mail. anyway i wanted to try.

well next thing i did got the watches packed wrote the addres and so,
went to the agency (they do everything ems, hk, air, dhl, fedex, ups etc, etc)

agency worker says cant do ems there now due a few lost packages and not safe, ur best option is hk mail there at the moment
i didnt think twice lets do this safest way and thats it, (i knew u paid with paypal and i knew i culd refund u 10 dollars difference with ease)and though everyone understands these issues in live and i really thought there would be no problems
plus i did this before to the other members and everyone understood with no questions

DO U KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I GET PEOPLE TO TELL ME SHIP FEDEX OR DHL OR WHATEVER, I TELL THEM NO, U CANT CHOOSE UR SHIPPING SERVICE WITH REPS PERIOD. UNLESS THRE ARE TWO SAFE METHODS TO THE DESTINATION AND U CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM.

DO U KNOW THAT I LOOSE WATCHES TO THE CUSTOMS ALL THE TIME AND I DO PAY FOR THEM NOT YOU

I DID GIVE U TRACKING WITH HK REGISTERED MAIL AND IT LEFT ON THE 12TH AND MOST LIKELY WILL BE THIS WEEK WITH U AND WHATS A POINT IF U GET IT A FEW DAYS LATER,
PEOPLE IN EU WAIT LONGER TIME AND THEY GO FOR THE SAFE WAY AND NEVER COMPLAING

U DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO CALL ME NOT A TRUSTED DEALER
-I DIDNT GET UR MONEY AND RUN,
-I DIDNT SHIP SOMETHING THAT I DIDNT ADVERTISE
-PLUS I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG IN MY OPINION

AGAIN I STILL CANT BELIEVE AND STILL I CANT UNDERSTAND THAT SOMEONE IS GETTING MAD FOR THIS REASON, IT IS REALLY BEYOND ME

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Thanks for responding to the issue Sead, that confirms what a lot of us were already thinking, and you did the right thing in my opinion too.

So what if the watch got shipped via HK Post, if it was the safer option that's the one I would choose every time.

The OP just made an ass out of himself and burned a couple bridges for nothing. I guess on the bright side, that's a less harmful way to get on a "no sale" list than a chargeback or PP dispute.