• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub from Pure-time video

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
so now, now i gotta, i gotta ask........im already lol'n. . . . who has the best sub? 116610. 116610 hulk. and 114060

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I don't get why they would make this watch in 3135 and not the more popular 2836 .
they did the same with the explorer1 that came out about 6 months ago ,it is still not available in 2836

It is a 2836 but made to look a bit like a 3135. This is not the true clone 3135 obviously. Easiest tell for those not in the know as this question crops every time 3135 gets mentioned is the 2836 has the movement retainer ring with screws and tabs holding it in place to the case whereas a gen 3135 style has 2 small screws pressed against a rim on the inside of the case holding it there. There are more obvious tells to be honest but this is a quick easy one to notice on poorer pics.

mgnyc11

Known Member
8/1/15
So I ordered one. Here are the first QC Pics I believe of the new V5 Sub. Let the Jihad begin... :)

Initial thoughts:
Bezel looks superb
Sels are not super great but not terrible.
Lume is incredible
I think the dial looks good but Im not a uber expert like others

PMv3bgW.jpg
hMdMwyi.jpg
Tgq14WB.jpg
0lwa0HB.jpg

JZLt95G.jpg

captaincaveman

17/2/12
This v5 has caused me to come out of my rep retirement. hehe.

Looks good. It addresses the biggest gripes I had with the older sub c reps; mainly the bezel insert and SEL fit. Hopefully the quality/fidelity is consistent with other examples. The one Toro posted in his section has noticeable SEL gap but yours looks OK, perhaps a bit too close to flush with the lugs but that may be nit picking.

Can't comment on the dial and case shape - those I could never tell apart from gen no matter how many pictures I looked at. LOL

captaincaveman

17/2/12
And for those complaining about fidelity to gen... remember when we crowned the BP sub c a super rep back in 2012? This is at least progress in the right direction.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
This is a great thread and made me take my BK sub C out of the box and on my wrist for the first time in months. A+ to this thread

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
And for those complaining about fidelity to gen... remember when we crowned the BP sub c a super rep back in 2012? This is at least progress in the right direction.

I loved the bp sub c so much back then

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I loved the bp sub c so much back then
I loved the idea of the bp sub, but BP's QC sucks!!!!!! The parts are usually decent and the parts are fairly accurate, but the finish was kind of rough. When if comes to assembly......man, they must hire people from a Parkinson's clinic to put them together because nothing is ever straight or properly aligned. Nevertheless, their classic SD is still the best OTB Rolex you can buy, assuming you don't mind fixing alignment issues and spend a little extra for a.tc bracelet, dial and hands.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I loved the idea of the bp sub, but BP's QC sucks!!!!!! The parts are usually decent and the parts are fairly accurate, but the finish was kind of rough. When if comes to assembly......man, they must hire people from a Parkinson's clinic to put them together because nothing is ever straight or properly aligned. Nevertheless, their classic SD is still the best OTB Rolex you can buy, assuming you don't mind fixing alignment issues and spend a little extra for a.tc bracelet, dial and hands.

Bp sub case and bracelett is not even close to the v5

Logan86

Renowned Member
27/12/14

I can't stop laughing at the Parkinson's Clinic line.

Emmadilemma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/14
We seriously need to Educate the TDs on how to take proper QC pictures! 3/5 of those are complete and utter useless :( Very Nice straight date OP.

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
I like it a lot. I think I may finally but one. Been waiting to pull the trigger on one of these since V3 came out and that was an utter disappointment. Dial is not important to me anyway. NOONE will ever notice, even I do not know the differences between dials anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
V5 bezel engraving looks different. Deeper and wider. Very close to gen and on top with platinum wash by maker makes it very very close to gen. V4 bezel engraving is less shallow and numeral is thinner compare to gen.

I dont know why lots of them claim V4 and V5 bezel is the same with just the plantinum wash the different. But I will order only after they come back from Chinese new year. Usually before Chinese new year, they will mess up order or try doing rush job or worst , money send now but needed to wait until Chinese new year break over before shipping it out.

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
PS. Op you got a GOOD specimen there! Congrats and good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
V5 bezel engraving looks different. Deeper and wider. Very close to gen and on top with platinum wash by maker makes it very very close to gen. V4 bezel engraving is less shallow and numeral is thinner compare to gen.

I dont know why lots of them claim V4 and V5 bezel is the same with just the plantinum wash the different. But I will order only after they come back from Chinese new year. Usually before Chinese new year, they will mess up order or try doing rush job or worst , money send now but needed to wait until Chinese new year break over before shipping it out.

Ive seen both in real life they are the same.also cosmic has a v5 aswell allready.the v5 is a v4 with silver paint .the engraving depth and quality is the same.look at the v4 or v3 video that angus made.then look at his v5 video he made you csn see they are the same.only the v5 has the old v3 dial .so the v4 wins